Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sahgirl16 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2010, 09:16 PM
    An accrual of wages expense would produce what effect on the balance sheet?
    An accrual of wages expense would produce what effect on the balance sheet?
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2010, 07:03 PM

ALL accrued expenses debit the expense and credit a payable.

Accrued expenses are those which have been incurred but not yet paid; hence, you recognize the expense but also have to record the payable since it hasn't yet been paid.

So what effect does that have on the balance sheet?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Preparing is, re and balance sheet from Trial balance adjustement sheet [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to do my income statement, retained earnings and balance sheet from my adjusted trial balance sheet. I am confused from my book about the debits and credits. When I transfer them over from the adjusted sheet. Do they stay on the same sides. For example: assests will be on the...

Accrual Wages [ 2 Answers ]

This is an Adjusting Entries problem: The following information relates to December 31 accounting adjustments for Happy Print Company. The firm's fiscal year ends on December 31. The question states: "Weekly salaries for a five-day week total $1,800, payable on Fridays. December 31 of the...

Wages expense vs accrued wages expense or prepaid expense [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have this question which I'm stuck on Staff works a 14 day fortnight and are paid on the 15th day 15-Jun Staff Wages $1279 29-Jun Staff Wages $1279 So I drew up a timeline and figured out that staff will be paid on the 30th of jun, not 29th. Therefore, in this case, it means...

View more questions Search