Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bev2201 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2010, 04:55 PM
    Water heaters
    I suddenly don't have any hot water coming from my taps. I went down and checked the water heater but it's not leaking or anything. I looked at the bottom but don't really know what to look for. We have about 10' of snow outside but I doubt that has anything to do with it. Water comes out but it's just not hot.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 10, 2010, 08:14 PM

Gas or electric heater? Open the drain spigot on the side: good flow, hot water?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2010, 08:22 PM

If it is a gas heater and you have ten inches of snow on the roof it is possible that water from the snow melted and dropped down the vent pipe and some how hit the pilot or th thermocouple and put pilot out.
    In this case the water heater needs to be relighted.

It is unlikely but posible that snow covered you vent pipe and smothered the pilot out. In this case do not relight it until you make sure that the vent pipe is clear.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water heaters [ 5 Answers ]

I am replacing my water heater and I have 2 ground wires and only one will fit under the screw. Is it appropriate to take the uncoded copper wire,cut it short and wrap electrical tape around it?

Two Water Heaters [ 1 Answers ]

I know this has been asked before. My problem is when I have family visiting for a weekend I run out of hot water pretty quick. I am limited as far as space goes. I was told I can hook two water heaters together to increase the amount of hot water. My plan of action is to bring my cold water into...

Water heaters vs. Tankless water heaters [ 1 Answers ]

Just curious about advantages of tankless over a traditional water heater.

Tankless water heaters [ 1 Answers ]

Do you have to use a tempering valve on the hot water out of the tankless heater?

Water heaters [ 2 Answers ]

I have replaced the thermocouple in the gas hot water heater but the pilot still goes out. What could be wrong

View more questions Search