Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ZZUBAK Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2010, 04:38 PM
    Washer will not spin. It is staled
    MY WHIRPOOL WASHER WILL NOT SPIN AT ALL, even if I try to spin it by hand. The motor and pump are working
    mscreations Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Feb 18, 2010, 06:29 PM

Not sure if this is a top load or a front load. A Model # would help.

If it is a top load machine, you won't be able to spin it by hand because of the brake. Does the machine agitate? If it agitates but doesn't spin, it could be a problem with the gearcase. If it doesn't agitate either, it could be a problem with the motor coupling. The motor coupler is between the gearcase and motor and sometimes will fail.
    ZZUBAK Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2010, 06:55 PM
    Thanks a lot for your response and advice. You are right. The problem was with the coupler
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2010, 06:59 PM

Mscreation, your going to be a valuable member here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool washer, agitator works, but during the spin cycle it doesn't spin [ 1 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool washer, I replaced the outer tub and the drive block, but it now doesn't spin. It drains the water, I can hear the motor come on, and feel the vibration . The switch is fine. I looked at the couple, but did not take it apart. The clutch looked fine, sanded the pads and case....

Kenmore washer 70 series humming at spin cycle - won't spin [ 4 Answers ]

RE: kenmore 70 series model 110.20712990 Type 111 top load washer. Won't spin. Humming noise and a little burning/hot smell when supposed to be spinning. Bypassing the lid switch did not correct the problem. Changed out the motor coupling with no luck... still a humming noise but no smell.

GE Washer won't spin [ 1 Answers ]

Sorry for the wrong title - I did some additional test and apparently my original thought is wrong... The model # is WNSE4200A0WW. I took off the cabinet and it is a belt-drive model. The belt feels fine. The motor is running and the belt is working, then within a minute, there are loud noise...

View more questions Search