Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    faith06 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2010, 04:37 PM
    Out of control 4 year old
    Hello my name is faith and I have a sister that really needs help with her kids and getting them under control her and her husband have 3 kids the oldest is her step daughter she is 8 she is a pretty good kid however there 4 year old is very bad and there 2 year old is getting that way the 4 year old is very out of control and they have tried everything with this child and nothing works with her my sister feels like she is losing her mind at 26 years old and she really needs help getting them under control and no one will begin to help her so I am doing it I really want to call the nanny show to get her help with them but I don't know how to contact them I mean with this child my sister can't even clean house or cook dinner with out her bouncing off the walls and getting into stuff or hitting on her sister every one in the family is afraid to take there kids around her kids for the fear of there kids getting hurt so could some one please please give me some advice to give to her she really needs help before it gets any more out of hand.
    rosemcs Posts: 325, Reputation: 47

Feb 10, 2010, 05:48 PM

Questions about the 4 yr. old:

How is her diet? Does she eat a lot of sugar?

How is her home life? Is there a lot of fighting between the parents?

How much one on one time does she get with each parent? Is most of her day spent watching TV?

What does she watch on TV? Is it violent? Is she watching bratty kids that are so prevalent on cable today?

Does she get whatever she wants so that she will be quiet?

Is she corrected without explanation? Do her parents roughly tell her no and walk away or do they explain why there are rules?

What are her sleep hours? Does she go to sleep late at night?

Her misbehavior is not just one simple wave of a magic wand. It is incorporation of many little problems in a family that can contribute to a problem child. I don't think you can do much about it besides getting your sister to go to a parenting class and supporting her efforts, so that she can have a more peaceful life.

It will take education and discipline on her part.
    newlablover Posts: 120, Reputation: 10

Feb 11, 2010, 03:23 AM

It sounds as thought the child is acting out in a way to get attention. Does she regularly just sit down and spend time with the child? She needs to keep her cool with her, since children push buttons to see exactly how far they can get. When she acts out, she should get put into a time out and they should be firm at sticking to it. Even just watching the Nanny and using the techniques that she teaches other parents will help.
    faith06 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2010, 04:45 PM

Thanks to every one that has answered my question but yes my sister spends a great deal of time with her that is the problem is when my sister is not sitting on the couch with her or putting all of her attention on the child is when she start acting out she has to spend 24/7 with the child on her arm to get any peace and she goes to bed about 8pm and gets up at 7am every day she don't get a lot of sugar because then no one can handle her they eat a well balanced diet and 3 hot meals a day they have tried time out and all of that and stuck with it she stands there and screams the whole time she is in the time out or corner

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Appropriate discipline for out of control 18 year old [ 11 Answers ]

My son is 18, has Aspergers/a developmental delay disorder. Simply put he is chronologically 18, not emotionally. Do to my question, I felt it appropriate to give this information. He is in college, only child left in home with a mom and dad, our home has only a few rules: 1) No drug usage, 2)...

18 year old out of control. [ 5 Answers ]

Help!! She got my house robbed 3X. Last incident 1/9/08. The police are doing nothing. She has put her hands on me. She is just mean to me and my 10 year old. My 10 year old was afraid to come home yesterday. I have a sick mother and sitter and can't take much more. Can I put her out of my...

My 21 year old son is out of control [ 9 Answers ]

Does anyone know the laws in Maryland about having someone committed. My son is drinking a lot and keeps trying to hurt himself and anyone around him. Last night he grabbed the steering wheel of someone who had went to pick him up (they were doing about 70 mph), when that did not work he tried to...

My three year old is out of control. [ 8 Answers ]

Hi my name is Iyishah Bennett. I am 19 years old and I have an out of control 3 year old. He doesn't listen. He hits other children and even me. He seems to have no problem with people with blond hair. His daycare teacher has black hair and he makes her life hell every time he goes to...

12 year old out of control [ 19 Answers ]

Sorry this is long, but you need all the details. Okay guys, I need your collecive thoughts on this dilemma, a friend of mine is having problems with her 12 year old daughter. Mom, I will call her Pam, Daughter I will call her Meg, Dad I will call him Ben Pam had Meg later in life and Meg is...

View more questions Search