Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dreamsofpandora Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2006, 11:31 PM
    Juivenele Records
    If I choose to go on vacation and leave the country Would my juivenele record show up It was a major charge. Because I was told that after I turned 18 it would be erased but when I had to have a criminal record check done it showed up that I had a juevenel record why is that it should have been erased.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Nov 24, 2006, 12:13 AM
    Hi Dreams,
    In most cases, I think it is far more typical that juvenile records are "sealed" rather than "expunged (destroyed)" -- particularly in the case of a more serious charge. Here is a good link explaining laws regarding juvenile records:

http://www.clcm.org/sealing_records.htm

Though I can not say for sure, I am somewhat doubtful that a juvenile record would prevent you from leaving the country as an adult.
    Sorry I can't be of more help. There are many people here who can probably give you a better answer.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 24, 2006, 07:58 AM
    The Juv records do not show up on the NCIC report or on checks done for passports and the such.

Unless you did some act of terrorism where you could be on a FBI watch list you would be safe.

Now the record is not erased, all the records are there, it is just that they are not released without a court order
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2006, 08:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamsofpandora
    Would my juivenele record show up
    Hello dreams:

Show up where? In a very short time, everybody who comes in or leaves our country (USA) is going to need a passport. I'm sure the State Department, who will issue your passport, will know of your juvenile record, but I doubt very highly (unless you were convicted of terrorisim), that they'll refuse to grant you one.

Then, as long as you have your passport, nobody is going to look (at least here in the US).

There are countries out there, however (Canada for one) who don't want criminals in their country. I don't know how they'll determine whether you have a record or not. Maybe they'll ask you. I wouldn't know what to tell you to say.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

School records [ 2 Answers ]

How long are schools required to hold on to a student's withdrawl records. We have student withdrawl records formthe 1980's and 90's. Thanks

Access to parole records [ 3 Answers ]

Who has access to parole records? What exactly is in the records? And how do I get them?

Juvenile records [ 5 Answers ]

Can juvenile records be seen on a company's background check.

Accessing adoption records [ 6 Answers ]

Hello! I'm wondering if anyone can help me! * I'm adopted and have recently decided to search for my biological family. Thing is there is a lot of stuff about the adoption I don't know. I've heard I am entitled to view my records, but I have no idea how to go about it. If anyone can offer me any...

Locating someone Via Company Records? [ 3 Answers ]

We need to locate someone who worked at an apartment building office a year ago. Can any company's employee records be easily accessed for person-location purposes by the public or private investigators?

View more questions Search