Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    head gringo Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2010, 01:27 PM
    Investigation service
    Anyone know of a reasonably priced private investigator?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2010, 09:40 AM

Yes. Where?

What do you consider "reasonably priced"?

Feb 22, 2010, 12:12 PM
    Background and assets on 2 people, perhaps some collections efforts, but within $500.00
    HG
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2010, 12:22 PM

Where are you?

Feb 22, 2010, 01:16 PM
    Northwest houston, tx
    Email removed for privacy
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2010, 04:25 PM

No one will do "some collection service." That's open ended and also open to interpretation.

Any LPI I know charges by the hour.

I have no idea what the going rate in TX is but I would estimate $75/hour and up, including time spent discussing the case, what you need, with you.

Feb 22, 2010, 06:23 PM
    Thank you for your input
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2010, 08:21 AM

If it's locating and collecting have you considered a collection agency?

Much less expensive sometimes and the agency will charge you a flat percentage, nothing if they can't collect.

Feb 23, 2010, 09:31 AM
    Excellent suggestion, Judy. Only problem is that I encountered a similar situation with them that you find when the government offers you that great benefit that "Won't cost a single dime in new taxes." RIGHT!! Not a single dime... but a whole lot of "dollars".
    Each of the agencies I tried did quote a collection flat rate that ranged from 29% to 40%. That covered their hours or labor, I figure. But before starting, they all wanted prepayment of any and all possible fees and expenses; and that was going to be $500.00 up front.
    One agency I paid $50 to for an asset search never bothered to answer any future calls. (Bank did reverse the credit card charges for me.)
    I could do better paying the fees to sign up to the various online record search facilities instead.
    I am in Houston. Where are you located?
    JR (Head Gringo)
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2010, 07:21 AM
    Ny

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Background investigation [ 2 Answers ]

I was not sure where my question would fall under so I took a shot in the dark and hope Some one can answer my question. My question is regarding a government job I applied For with customs and border protection. As it turns out during my investigation the hiring People at that agency had...

Criminal investigation [ 2 Answers ]

What are the steps to follow in a criminal investigation?

Asset investigation [ 4 Answers ]

I got a letter from a debt collector saying that they are doing an asset investigation on me indicating that I own property, which I do. What's this mean? I don't have a judgement.

Investigation Expenses [ 9 Answers ]

I have a friend that is a automobile mechanic who is employed by an auot dealership here in town, but is considering opening up a fast food franchise. After spending money on investigating this fast food franchise ordeal. He wants to know if he can classify these investigative expenses as a...

Criminal Investigation [ 1 Answers ]

I want to become a crime scene investigator. I have a BA in sociology and I am currently going to school for anotherassociates degree in criminal justice and a certificate in forensic science. Does anyone know what I need to do to get this type of job? What type of classes I need? ANy types of...

View more questions Search