Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helsing_21 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2010, 01:23 PM
    My husband is deceased and I want to remove his name from the deed and add my sons .
    My husband is deceased and I want to add my sons names to the deed and my name is already on the deed. There are not debts associated with his passing and I was told by the registry of deeds I could do a quick claim deed. How do I do it? Is there a physical deed I could follow and just change the names?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2010, 01:38 PM

You could have an attorney do this for you for a nominal sum. This way it would be done correctly. If you have no clue as to how the Quit Claim deed is properly filled out you could do it wrong. Very easy to do wrong. I used to fill out Quit Claim deeds all the time so I would know. The Registra of Deeds won't record a deed that is incorrect by the way and some of them won't tell you what is wrong with the deed that needs to be filed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to remove a name and add my name to house title, deed, etc. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, currently my brother and father's name are on a house deed, title, etc. My father passed away so we would need to remove his name from the house and my brother would like to add my name to the house. The house is paid for and carries no mortgage (if that matters). We live in...

I want to add husband to property deed [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if there is a form and on which site that my husband and I can fill out to file with the county adding his name to the deed. We bought the house together and put it in my name only. We would now like to add his name. Is it necessary to go to a title company or attorney to do...

Add my name on my husband deed [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Philadelphia, PA and married for about 3 years. I want to add my name on my husband deed (he wanted me to do that too). How do we do it?

How do I add my husband to my deed [ 0 Answers ]

I live in California and I want to add my husband onto my house deed. My home is in my name and it is also in my own trust. I created my trust that says my husband gets my entire trust if living when I die... he has his own trust as well. However, I still want to add his name to the deed. How...

Add my husband to the deed of my house [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to know how I can add my husband to the deed of my house. Thanks, Judy

View more questions Search