Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Seablew4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2010, 01:18 PM
    Determine the wire's tension
    A harmoni wave in a wire has amplitude 6.32mm, wavelength 2.99m, and frequency 157Hz. The wire has linear mass density of 11 g/m. Determine the wire's tension.
    TommyBotham Posts: 18, Reputation: 0

Feb 16, 2010, 02:55 AM

Find the wave speed.

You have already been given the mass-per-unit length, so it shouldn't be hard to plug this and your wavespeed into an equation to find the tension in the wire.

Your 3 first values should be used to find the wave speed.

Need any more help just ask and I'll give you an equation to use.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to find tension [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find the tension of a rope inclined at a certain angle pulled at a constant speed given the weight and coefficient of kinetic friction?

How to find Tension [ 2 Answers ]

How do you find tension?(ropes and strings)

Is this cause by tension or can it be serious? [ 5 Answers ]

Whenever I go through extreme times of mental and emotional stress I get Horrible dizzy spells that can last anywhere from 10sec-20minutes Pressure headaches, it feels like someone is blowing a ballon in my face Tenderness, my whole body is sore like im bruised I'm either too warm or too...

How much tension? [ 1 Answers ]

:) How much tension must a rope withstand if it is used to accelerate a 1046 kg car horizontally along a frictionless surface at 1.21 m/s2?

Tension [ 1 Answers ]

A 38.6 kg sign is suspended by two wires, as the drawing shows. Find the tension in wire 1 and in wire 2. http://www.webassign.net/[email protected]/[email protected]

View more questions Search