Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jakester Posts: 582, Reputation: 165

Feb 10, 2010, 12:24 PM
    VBA Code for Creating a Chart
    Ok, here's my problem.

I have built a macro that creates a chart for me from certain columns of data. The columns are always the same ones and the data I contemplate always begins in the same row but the end data is a variable. Also, the last row always contains a Totals Row which is something that I want to exclude from the Chart.

The code I have looks like this for the chart range:

Charts.Add
    ActiveChart.ChartType = xlColumnClustered
    ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A8:A35,G8:G35,U8:U 35"),

I would always be pointing to the same columns: A, G, & U and I would always begin the data on Row 8. I have to manually change my code though to get the last row of data. In this case, row 35 is the last row of data I want to include in my Chart. In reality, there are 36 rows worth of data with the last row being the Totals Row, which as I said would not be included in the chart.

How do I make the ending row a variable and subtract the totals row from the SourceData? Something life an offset?

Thanks.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Feb 10, 2010, 08:47 PM

Declare a "Last Row" variable, solve it, then insert it into your charting command:

Code:
    Dim LR As Long:     LR = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row - 1

Charts.Add
    ActiveChart.ChartType = xlColumnClustered
    ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A8:A" & LR & ",G8:G" & LR & ",U8:U" & LR)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

VBA code [ 2 Answers ]

Once the month ends, cell "A1" must tick over to zero, where "A1" is used by me as a counter to show how much has been deliverd to date for the month.

VBA Code to Save from Microsoft Outlook [ 5 Answers ]

Hello - I hope my problem is a simple one. What I am attempting to do is create a VBA macro that will allow me to select an e-mail from my Outlook Inbox and save that e-mail (as an Outlook item) to a specified drive—C:\Outlook Items\ I cannot record a macro in Outlook so I am stumped as to...

VBA Code for adding an autonumber primary key [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone provide code for adding an autonumber field to an existing database and then making that field the primary key? Thank you.

Creating a Chart in Excel by including values in X and why Axis [ 2 Answers ]

1) I want to create a chart using the data in my excel sheet. 2) Data in Row 1 should become the x-axis labels in a chart and data in Row 2 should be the y-axis labels and the only data range actually in the chart. 3) When I highlight data in Rows 1 and 2 then click on Chart Wizard both data ...

View more questions Search