Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thewaya5253 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2010, 12:13 PM
    Carrier furnace: limit switch fault furnace has ignition but blower will not come on?
    Board says it is a limit switch fault
    Furace goes into pre ignition, fan comes on and sometimes even the main burner ignites, but the blower will not come on... is this the blower motor or could this be a switch somewhere?
    piggingstring Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2010, 10:43 PM
    More than likely your limit switch is faulty, or the sensor is bad in the combustion chamber.
    Dad of 3 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2013, 08:04 PM
    If your furnace lights the main burners but the main fan fails to come on, the limit switch is doing its job by shutting down an over heated furnace. Your fan motor may need a new capacitor (small can with wires to the motor). If it looks swelled up or is leaking it needs to be replaced. It could just be weak. Your motor could be shot, or it could be a blower relay not telling it to come on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier furnace fault code definition [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Weather Maker XFI and it is giving me a fault code of 3 2 , which says low pressure switch fault. Does anyone know how to fix this without bringing out a technician?

Carrier furnace fault 12 [ 2 Answers ]

What does R-W closed mean(under fault 12)

Ignition failure carrier furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Thk for the reply, I tried connecting a wire from the spark generator post and holding the other end 1/8 inch from the ground. First try a got a short burst of 3 weak sparks. Shut off furnace and re started this time no sparks a all. Checked that there was still voltage going to the SG unit. Guess...

Carrier Furnace Limit Circuit Lockout [ 1 Answers ]

My Carrier Furnace is continuously blowing and the heat doesn't work. The code was first, Limit Circuit Fault, tnen after changing the filter, it went to Limit Circuit Lockout -- and it is still blowing cold air. (Yikes!! It got down to 10 degrees outside)

View more questions Search