Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Evelyn48 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2010, 11:59 AM
    I want to see my son,but I have a pill promblem and I'm going to jail.. what do I do
    Hi , I used to drink real bad, then to stop, I went pills... I get to see my son every other weekend, I stay clean when I have him... But then my ex got a new boy friend and is pregnant buy him... I don't know where my son is now.. she moved in with him. My ex will not let me talk to my son, I miss my son,, I grew up with out a dad because he got killed in a car wreck when I was 3.. I have to go to jail because I made some mistakes in the past.. But I'm not a bad dad.. the only reason my ex left me was because her new boyfriend has a lot of money. Now she calling all my family white trash, All I want to do... is be in my son life... I have made changes, I'm getting help for the pills now..
    WHAT DO I DO. c.c.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 10, 2010, 12:06 PM

First, this is a legal question, not a relationship one. Second, you left out some significant info. Like where you live and when you are going to jail.

You indicated you got to see your son every other weekend. Was this by court order? Are you on the birth certificate or been declared the legal father?

If you have court ordered visitation, she (or the boyfriend) has no legal right to change that without going to court. But to enforce your rights you need to go to court. You need to file for a contempt of court citation against the mother.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 10, 2010, 02:01 PM

First off get your life straightened out. During your recovery and while your in jail you can still file motions provided you still have legal rights to your child. The thing is it is limited but you could ask the courts that she maintain a current address that you can write to and that correspondence can be delivered. After you get out and stay straight you can concentrate on rebuilding.

Feb 11, 2010, 02:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    First, this is a legal question, not a relationship one. Second, you left out some significant info. Like where you live and when you are going to jail.

You indicated you got to see your son every other weekend. Was this by court order? Are you on the birth certificate or been declared the legal father?

If you have court ordered visitation, she (or the boyfriend) has no legal right to change that without going to court. But to enforce your rights you need to go to court. You need to file for a contempt of court citation against the mother.
    I live in Calif and now, I'm not going to jail, I'm going into a detox.:) and Yes I'm on the Birth certificate,and I'm the legal father.. He is my son.. My ex just wrote me and said that my son is in a better place, and he has a new dad.:( My ex is trying to get me arrested for seeing my son.. Then she trying to sever papers on me,, AGAIN.:confused:She will not even tell him I love him,, she tells my son , I'm a bad boy.. My ex will not even let my family around my son.. :cool:

Feb 11, 2010, 02:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    First off get your life straightened out. During your recovery and while your in jail you can still file motions provided you still have legal rights to your child. The thing is it is limited but you could ask the courts that she maintain a current address that you can write to and that correspondence can be delivered. After you get out and stay straight you can concentrate on rebuilding.
    I'm NOT GOING TO JAIL, Just a 12 days detox,, I only take 2 pills a day. Then I moving closer to my son.. I will never go back, I will not EVER DRINK AGAIN OR TAKE A PILL. I'm going Friday the 12 to detox..
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 11, 2010, 02:28 PM

OK, But you didn't answer the all important question. Do you have court ordered visitation?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 11, 2010, 02:32 PM

So you either take her back to court to enforce the court order you have for visit, or you take her to court for a court order

Feb 11, 2010, 03:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    OK, But you didn't answer the all important question. Do you have court ordered visitation?
    YES, and for every other weekend,

Feb 11, 2010, 03:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Evelyn48 View Post
    YES, and for every other weekend,,
    And I would like to add that my ex boyfriend is threating me with fighting now.. :mad:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get my son to stop worrying that he is going to jail [ 4 Answers ]

My son got out of prison almost a year ago . He went due to his heroin addiction. Since he got out he has been doing well , but relapsed about 4 months ago. When he relapsed , he needed money and resorted to stealing from stores , so he could get stuff to sell to get his dope... Now he is on...

Found pill in son bag [ 3 Answers ]

I found this pill in my son bag not sure what it is.The pill has on it Ty c365

I want my son back! I was in jail when he was adopted and had no idea it happened! [ 5 Answers ]

I was in jail when my son was adopted, non-violent crime). I had NO IDEA that I even had a son until recently. I believe his mother put "unknown" as father on the birth certificate. I want to fight for him. I want to be his father. I never would have agreed to give him up. My family would have...

Son is jail for probration violation [ 1 Answers ]

This is a long one. My son was in booth camp for 2 yrs. After getting out saw probation officer and paid his money. He has been off Supervised visits for 4 or 5 months. He still has about 4 years of probation to go. He was arrested in Jan. for a misdemeanor charge he has not been convicted? ...

How do I find my son in jail? [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for my son, who thought he was off parol & celebrated by drinking. He called the police & they put he & his gal pal in Redding, California Jail. I live near Philly in PA. Want to write him a letter, if I could only find him? His name is Michael Anthony Thomson 41 years old, born...

View more questions Search