Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ttscrivner1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2010, 11:56 AM
    1 w2 and 2 states ca and or
    I moved from OR to CA in July 09. I draw military retirement and only 1 (one) 1099R for tax purposes. How do I split the amount on 1099R to pay CA State taxes for the time spent in CA. CA resedence established in July 09. [email protected] tks
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 4, 2010, 02:31 PM
    You pro-rate it based on the number of days spent in each state. You will file part-year returns for both Oregon and California.

MAIL the state returns, and attach a copy of the OTHER state's tax return to the mailed copy of the state return. That way, the state authorities can see how you pro-rated the income between the two states.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filing in two states [ 1 Answers ]

Hello - My fiance' recently moved to Texas from Louisiana. She worked in both states. She also received unemployment in Louisiana as for time she wasn't working while residing there. How does she file as Louisiana has state taxes, and Texas does not.

Two Employer, Two States, Two W-2 [ 4 Answers ]

Hello All, I work for two employer last year. JAN 2008 to ANUG 2008 EMP-1 in NJ (New Jersey) SEP 2008 to DEC 2008 EMP-2 in MA (Massachusetts) How would I should file my tax? Is it only one Federal TAX with total of both w-2, and two separate State TAX, one for NJ and ONE for MA?

Taxes in 2 states [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Idaho and the company I work for is based in Utah. I have not worked in Utah but every time I get my pay stub there are state taxes pulled out for both Idaho and Utah is this legal

Spouse full time residents in separate states : states taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I got married in Dec 2006. He was a full time CA resident in 2006 and still lives there and got income only from CA. I was a fulltime Kentucky resident in 2006 and still live here and got my income only from KY. We can file federal taxes jointly. But what do we do for state...

View more questions Search