Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deesix Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2010, 11:28 AM
    Senior mother selling house to son
    I want to buy my mothers house which she lives in and she is not well. She bought it a long time ago. Is there a smart way to buy this house?
    rosemcs Posts: 325, Reputation: 47

Feb 10, 2010, 04:36 PM

The cheap way is to go to an escrow company and open escrow yourself without an agent.

The wisest would be to negotiate a reasonable amount of money with an agent to do both sides of the transaction for you, so that you can be legally covered with the correct paperwork. Don't feel that you have to pay a double fee to an agent, you should be able to negotiate heavily since you are bringing all the business to that person.

Ask around with friends and neighbors for a trusted agent and make sure that agent has done enough transactions to be experienced in representing both buyer and seller.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support if Mother Kicks son out of house [ 1 Answers ]

My son was forced out of his house by his Mother and Step-Father and I came to pick him up. I pay her child support for 2 children. He has lived with me for a year and we did not modify the child support agreement. We are going to court now and my question is, if she forces the child out of the...

Summons & Complaint for Senior Mother [ 2 Answers ]

My mother is 83 years old and for the last 1 1/2 years has been incapacitated and no longer able to handle her financial affairs. I have her Power of Attorney. Prior to that time she was living independently and was handling all of her activities of daily living. At the time I began handling her...

18 Year Old Son a Senior High school [ 3 Answers ]

I have an 18 year old son whom is in his senior year. I have raised him alone since 1997 along with his sisters. We are at a stage in his life where he is keeping secrets from me about who his friends are, getting high. He is in counceling and on medication for depression. We were close and I new...

Credit Card Debt of Senior Mother [ 2 Answers ]

When my father passed away in 1996, he left my mother with significant debt - near $120K. They had no savings, no investments but just a paid house which she sold and applied to the debt. I had been assisting them for 20 years prior with money each month (due to the fact that my father was...

Mother wants to add son to deed to save property taxes can he not mortgage house? [ 2 Answers ]

My mother owns a house in Starke FL anf her son, my brother has lived in it for 3 years. He has became disabled and doesn't work, she lives in SC. She wants to add him to the deed so that the property taxes becom lower for owner occupied verus living out of state, it will save her about $1,000 eah...

View more questions Search