Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dasefx Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2010, 07:05 AM
    Ex girlfriend is sort of ignoring me
    Me and my ex had a great 8-9 months of being together. Our only problem was that we were long distance so we only got to see each other every 1-2 months or so. She ended things with me on new years day stating she felt strangely bi polar about the whole thing. Some days she wanted to be in the relationship other days she didn't because of the distance. She wanted to step back for a little and be friends and try again later. I said I couldn't do it because after all we had its wouldve been too much to go back to being friends immediately. So I told her we should have one last meeting to say goodbye. So we did just that. Met up, talked, kissed, and said goodbye. We didn't talk for a month. I decided to start getting back in contact with her last week. It started with texts which she would respond to anywhere between 3-24 hours later. Then we were supposed to talk on the phone. She said Monday would be a good day so I called her a left a voicemail. She never called back. We then talked on IM and she said she hasn't been feeling well and that she was going to call me the next day. She never did. What I'm wondering is why is it that she will talk to me through texting and IM (even though its very small conversations) but doesn't seem interested in talking on the phone?
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2010, 07:14 AM
    If she were interested in giving the relationship another go,she would be in proper communication with you. I think you should go back to NC and start living your own life.
    Imabadman Posts: 303, Reputation: 135

Feb 10, 2010, 07:17 AM

Could be all sorts of reasons she doesn't want to talk to you directly. It's a crap shoot guessing and you're over analyzing the situation.

Look at her actions. She's not putting much effort, if any, into contacting you, you are making all the moves. You make plans, she cancels them or pulls a no-show. She has distanced herself. What else do you need to know or understand? Right now she's not into this relationship. You begging, pleading, and pushing will not help. You need a different game plan.

My advice is to let her go for now. Quit chasing her and disappear from her life. She may or may not come back to you. But as the situation is now you're living in a deceptive world where you believe you're getting back together and her actions say otherwise.
    oh_donna39 Posts: 9, Reputation: -1

Feb 10, 2010, 07:25 AM

Texting, email, IM, can be a rather impersonal means of communicating. Talking on the phone however can become rather personal. On the phone you could potentially ask her about the future, and apparently right now she doesn't feel like talking about it. She texts, and IM's because obviously she wants to remain friends, she could also be doing it to keep you close in case she might someday want you back. But right now she apparently needs some time and space. I would give it to her… no pressure. Time could be all she needs.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 10, 2010, 11:30 AM
    She is trying to be friendly, without giving you false hope, or leading you on.

You on the other hand are trying to get back with her, and totally ignoring her hints, she doesn't want a relationship with you.

Back off, and leave her alone, if you can't JUST be friends. I doubt if you can, nor should you try at this time, since you want more than that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend wants a break to sort her head out [ 13 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been in a relationship for 2 years I'm 25 she's 24, a couple of weeks ago she said to me that she wants a break because she hasn't been happy for the past 5-6 months for a few reasons, my insercruity around her like if I don't her from her when she goes out ill get the hump...

My girlfriend of 4 years is IGNORING ME.I'm Sad [ 47 Answers ]

Hey all, I have a situation here that I need help with before I go with my heart, and NOT my head. My girlfriend and I have been together for 4.5 years. We do not live together. I spend the night though on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Recently my job has been starting to cut hours by 20...

My Ex Girlfriend is ignoring me [ 23 Answers ]

Alrite so I've been dating this girl for 4 months, I know this is not a lot but lets say I was pocessive and was very shy, but I did try my best and it was my first relationship, we're both 15 and in grade 10 high school, I'm a nerd but w/e, she liked me, at least I thought she did. One day over...

Girlfriend ignoring me to hide her feelings? [ 9 Answers ]

So I have been dating this girl for a year and 7 months. We get along great. No problems hardly at all. For the past month we started arguing. We both decided to take a break. She said she needs her space and time. She use to call me everyday and text me everyday to say how much she loved me . Now...

View more questions Search