Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Capstan5 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2010, 03:03 AM
    Find a film by description
    Can anybody help me identify find a British 1960's army training ground comedy which contains the words to the effect that 'the army has sunk pretty low but not so that its music is played on a spittletrap'. Also at the canteen somebody complaining about the food said 'but beautifully cooked' to protect his friend who was on cooking duty. Would be very grateful! It is not 'Carry on Sergeant' which I've already got in my collection.
    diluted Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2010, 04:54 AM

Could that be Dad's Army?

Feb 10, 2010, 04:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by diluted View Post
    Could that be Dad's Army?
    Thank you Diluted, but the film I'm looking for was a proper movie not a TV series or TV series made into a movie. Dad's Army could well have included some of the things I mentioned, but unfortunately this isn't it. Thanks anyway.
    diluted Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2010, 05:13 AM

I'm sorry, I thought you were looking for a sitcom :)

Only movie that I know that fits the description is Don't Panic Chaps! (1959), although imdb has little info about it...

Feb 10, 2010, 06:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by diluted View Post
    I'm sorry, I thought you were looking for a sitcom :)

Only movie that I know that fits the description is Don't Panic Chaps! (1959), although imdb has little info about it...
    Thank you again Diluted. I'll keep looking. I have been trying to search by words within a script, so far without success.
    mpatrickm2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2010, 09:22 AM
    The line about music being played on a spittletrap is not from a comedy. It is from "Guns at Batasi", a 1964 military drama set in Africa. The line was spoken by Richard Attenborough.

Dec 25, 2010, 12:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mpatrickm2000 View Post
    The line about music being played on a spittletrap is not from a comedy. It is from "Guns at Batasi", a 1964 military drama set in Africa. The line was spoken by Richard Attenborough.
    Thank you SO much mpatrickm2000. I have been looking for this film for years and had given up, until today :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Find a film by description [ 3 Answers ]

A older man dates a much younger girl, who turns out to be his daughter from a much early relationship

Find a film by description [ 1 Answers ]

Its based in a small us town a guy keeps killing boys the local cop suspects him and is killed then buried in his yard along with his motorcycle and is only found out when a detective trips over the bikes handlebars some years later

Can someone help please. I have been trying to think of the name of this film I watched about a year ago. I can't remember the title or the characters but I remember the plot of the story. Its about this parole officer/social services man who visits sex offenders and makes sure they are not getting...

Trying to find black & white film (thought it was James Stewart but it isn't) -newspaer hack meets ghost of old reporter who keeps giving him tomorrows headline news.One day the news is of his own murder but eventually it turns out the police have killed the bloke who stole his wallet with his ID...

View more questions Search