Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hollinshead Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2010, 01:18 AM
    Calucalculating totals usign criteria
    Hi there I wounder if you could help. I am trying to create a dashboard and need a few formulas and thing sin order to do so. I have two columns, one which displays business Area, and the other that displays a price.

In the business area column there is as standard 6 options which are displayed below.

Risk & Resilience
    Performance Consulting
    Qatar
    USG
    System Solutions

All I want to be able to do is to create a formula in a cell to calculate the totals of each area. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time and efforts in advance.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Feb 10, 2010, 02:44 AM

The formula you want is SUMIF(), and it can refer to whole columns with efficiency.
    Attached Images

hollinshead Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2010, 04:39 AM

Thanks a bunch, that's exactly what I was looking for. Cheers for your time and efforts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Murder totals for 2007 [ 2 Answers ]

What are the murder total for the citys of the usa

Earmark totals for 2007 [ 6 Answers ]

According to the Citizens Against Government Waste : Hillary Clinton ranked 13th in the Senate with $200 million Barak Obama ranked 28th in the Senate with $97 Million John McCain was last with no earmarks requested . And this is not atypical of Senator McCain.. . For years and years he...

Consolidated financial totals [ 3 Answers ]

On January 1, 2007, Slaughter sold equipment to Bennett (a wholly owned subsidiary) for $120,000 in cash. The equipment had originally cost $100,000 but had a book value of only $70,000 when transferred. On that date, the equipment had a 5 year remaining life. Depriciation expense is computed using...

15 year old totals car.no license [ 10 Answers ]

My brilliant daughter, 15, no license totaled her boyfriends car. Of course we are going to have to pay for his car which is over $10k. I am just wondering how the insurance company will handle this? Will we have to pay it back in one lump sum? I sure do not have $10k laying around! Oh and she hit...

View more questions Search