Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jumerrowel Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2010, 09:45 PM
    Good sound no picture
    Sony model KV14JSRI when I turned ON this unit the picture and sound is good,but in
    Few seconds it turned into a green screen with a small horizontal lines but the sound is still good.
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2010, 06:47 AM

Are you sure that is the model number? Google finds nothing on that model.

Also, what is connected to the TV and through what methods (component, composite, etc)? Does this happen on all inputs (if there are any)? Have you tried connecting something else?
    jumerrowel Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2010, 07:01 PM
    Yes! Even me I've doubt about this model because I cannot find this through the Google site,but I found this model at the backcover label.and I bought the unit at Sony store outlet the philippines about 10 years ago .any way all input both audio video and earial (Cable) are the same problem it has a good sound but it appears a green screen with a horizontal lines.
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2010, 08:25 PM

That doesn't sound good. Chances are you will have to find someone to repair it. And considering its age paired with the inability to find anything at all about that model... I imagine that parts will be even harder to find. So in all likelihood you are probably best off buying a new TV.
    DanielF Posts: 158, Reputation: 14

Feb 10, 2010, 10:32 PM
    The model number ends in '1', not 'I'.

But your description of the faulty picture is a little confusing. Can you post a photo for us to look at (take it with a slow shutter speed - preferably on a tripod, say 1/15th second)?

Daniel
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2010, 03:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielF View Post
    The model number ends in '1', not 'I'.

But your description of the faulty picture is a little confusing. Can you post a photo for us to look at (take it with a slow shutter speed - preferably on a tripod, say 1/15th second)?

Daniel
    Weird, I tried dropping the I off completely and nothing comes up. Haha. Usually I get something when typing in a partial model number. Good catch!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

TV sound but no picture [ 2 Answers ]

The TV has sound but no picture.

Sound but no picture. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Phillips Flat screen TV model 15PF5120/28.. its about 3 yrs old. The picture just all of a sudden went out but I still have sound. Everything is still hooked up the way it should be. Any idea??

No picture! Sound only [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Toshiba 27 TV (dvd/vcr combo) Two weeks ago I turned on the TV and heard sound but no picture, only a straight line in the middle of the screen from side to side. Now, I still hear sound but no picture and not even a straight line now.

No sound and no picture [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn on my panasonic TV I get no picture and no sound. I have tried to play a dvd and got the same result. Any ideas how to get the TV working again?

Have sound but no picture [ 2 Answers ]

Ok well I have hooked everything up ( sony ht-ddw995 hdmi, playstation 3, our hdmi cable box and our hd tv) we ave sound but no picture! What did we do wrong! Please help have been working on this all day and feel like just giving up :mad:

View more questions Search