Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doggie_poopie Posts: 252, Reputation: 19

Nov 23, 2006, 04:41 PM
    Is your cat's toes amputated?
    Can you tell me why you had your cat declawed? Front or all four, also?
    wildcatgirl Posts: 73, Reputation: 13

Nov 23, 2006, 05:00 PM
    I had my cat declawed because I got her when my son was only a year old. I didn't want to run the risk of my son getting one of his eyes accidentally scratched. Good thing too--she still "acts" like she has front claws--she'll box at you when you play with her and also pretends to sharpen her claws on my door frames. But, she is front declawed only. I don't know of any vets around here that would do all four, and I didn't see it necessary anyway.
    doggie_poopie Posts: 252, Reputation: 19

Nov 26, 2006, 11:47 AM
    I hate the fact that people can call a vets office and just make an appt for it. If more people tried to train and trim their nails many wouldn't have to have their toes cut off.
    We had someone come in to drop off their kitty and the reason was because they were tearing up her comforter. I just want to KILL these people!!
    chosen1 Posts: 60, Reputation: -7

Nov 26, 2006, 10:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by doggie_poopie
    Can you tell me why you had your cat declawed? Front or all four, also?
    Had my cats front claws declawed so it wouldn't tear up the house and me. She is the happiest cat ever and so cute when she claws the couch but doesn't harm it. It is an inside cat and I love her
    NatashasMum Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2007, 08:12 PM
    A much better and cheaper alternative is to buy caps for there nails. I have 2 cats that love to scratch. We recently got a new puppy and with concern of him losing an eye we bought cat nail caps. Any good pet store should carry these. They come in a veriety of colors and sizes. They are pritty much like fake fingernails for cats. They are held on with glue that is safe for the pet and they don't even realize they are there once they are applied. Declawing is very painful for the cat and in my opinion is wrong. That is only my opinion though. You should try the cat nail caps first. You will have to apply them about every 3 or 4 weeks, but price and pain wise I feel it's worth it. Give it a try and let me know how it works for you. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cat's bleeding [ 5 Answers ]

I woke up today vomiting mucusy liquid and loose stool then later I found blood on her rug , she had her kittens 51 days ago and still nursing , is there something wrong or is it her period?

Ticks in between toes... Any Idea's? [ 3 Answers ]

I have 2 dogs. A 2yr old Staffy X and a 6 month labrador X. I constantly have to pull litrally hundreds of ticks out from in between their toes and the bottom of their feet. Every time I do this it eally upsets me as I feel like I am not helping them to stop it from happening. I have tried Garlic...

My cat's don't like each other [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old cat. My husband and I bought a new kitten for both ourselves and we thought that my 2 year old cat would enjoy having him around to play with when we are not home. At first, Macie, the oldest, did not like the kitten! After a couple of days they began to explore each other...

Cat's behavior [ 3 Answers ]

We just recently moved to another state, taking our only cat with us. The house we moved into already had 2 other cats and a dog. My cat is adjusting surprisingly well with the other cats, going up to them and trying to get friendly, but the other cats just hiss and growl, and they even throw...

View more questions Search