Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2010, 12:41 PM

Your just going round the old track again and again... STOP DOING IT TO YOURSELF.

Everyone on this board is continuelly going over the same ground, telling you the same thing, but you are not listening.

What part of... LEAVE HER ALONE IS NOT CONNECTING!!

That means NO CONTACT.. NO TEXTING, NO WHEN OUT ON YOUR DAILY BUSINNESS SEEING WHO HAPPENS TO BE PARKED AT HER HOUSE...

You are detemined to keep yourself in this state of anxiety over a relationship that has well and truly finished.

Yes, we all fall in love, sometimes we get dumped on,but that's life, eventually we come to terms with it, it takes a while and the road is sometimes very painful but eventually we come through the other side and have learned many things from it.

I can warn you off this women like everyone else, but this has been over done to the extreme, now it's up to you to get a grip on your life and look forward instead of wallowing in the past.

There are many lovely people out there, with out the hang ups that this woman has, who will treat you with the love and respect that you are so crying out for, you do not have to put up with second best.

For your own peace of mind leave her alone and move on.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2010, 12:24 AM

Nice one. But when will you actually listen & act on it?
    Are you getting it?

Don't confuse things, Sex is one thing. Pain is another.
    alex0830 Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2010, 08:00 AM

I purchased a book at barnes and noble called obsessive lover when its too hard to let go. It basically describes me as an obsessive lover. Anyone know how to overcome this and what type of help I need. For some daaam reason this woman pops up in my head so much. I dreamed of her last night that she was so jealous she told me she loved me and that she was sorry. This feeling sucks.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2010, 08:45 AM

I can't diagnose you over the internet,but address this in your therapy.

Remember,NC!
    alex0830 Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2010, 11:32 AM

Guys its been almost 2 weeks since I stopped calling and txting this chick. The last time she called me we met up twice and within those to times this chick talked about this dude and how cool he is and that he respects her and hasn't got in her panties yet. "Yeah right" but man it feels hard I miss her so much I wish she could call and we can work some things out. I loved her very much. At points feeling come rushing and it feels like I want to look for her and get her back like the old days. It is beautiful out here in houston the sun is shining bright and all I can remember is all the fun crap we used to do during the summers. We took trips and enjoyed ourselved and now summertime is coming and she won't b around. I know you are going to say there's many women out there. But at this moment in time there is only one woman that I love and I can't have.

And I don't know what to do. I feel so lonely without her. I miss her much. I don't know how else to get her off my mind. I've been out on dates with this on girl but I don't find her appealing. May be because this other girl was a looker. I hang out with my friends and family but the emptyness is still there. What else can I do
    CarrotTalker Posts: 392, Reputation: 189

Mar 11, 2010, 11:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alex0830 View Post
    What else can I do
    Re-read this thread and look at everyone's advice!
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2010, 11:39 AM
    Almost two weeks is good,well done!

So now you have moved on to the stage where you can mourn the death of the relationship,and that's normal.

It will become easier,as the days pass.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 11, 2010, 11:59 AM

Its been a rough two weeks for sure, and frankly it gets rougher, until you get to a point enough time, and feelings have passed, to make you feel you have turned the corner on actually coping with those feelings, and seeing a difference.

So be patient with yourself, this is normal in the process because your recognizing how hard it is, and how much work it is on your part. Don't be discouraged, and quit, then you have to start over, just hang in there, and keep going.

Fair warning though, trying to replace the hole in your soul with someone else will not work! Looking for what she made you feel is not going to work!

But if you just make friends to share good times with, male or female, you may be surprised to see that you feel better and paying attention in a friendly way, helps with that loneliness.

It's a long, slow, hard process, so expect to have a tough time, and just stay busy. Its like being down 10 points at halftime of a basketball game, you have to make adjustments to your game that give you the best chance to win, so make some adjustments that keep you focused on getting the life you want back, without her in it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend wants a break but says she doesn't know why [ 28 Answers ]

(for starters I apologise for the large description but I feel I could get more help with a little background information - thanks to anyone who's helpful enough to read it) Hi, I'm 22 and my girlfriend is 19.. We started going out before uni and we're relatively close to each other (distance...

My Girlfriend doesn't Like Kissing [ 21 Answers ]

Ok for some reason my girlfriend doesn't like kissing and I don't know how to handle that. To me it's the biggest sign off affection on a daily basses. She says hugs are a sign and this is true but you hug your friends. Kissing is more personal. This is kind of a stupid post I know but I'm lost....

I cheated on my girlfriend and now she doesn't want to have sex with me [ 7 Answers ]

I cheated on my girlfriend and now she doesn't want to have sex with me but she doesn't want to break up with me either. She is a gorgeous woman and beyond sexy, just looking at her makes my body desire her in a way I can not explain. I tell her all the time that she is beautiful and that the only...

My Girlfriend doesn't Want Sex / Low Sex Drive [ 5 Answers ]

Let me start by summarising our relationship, we are both 18 years of age, this may sound young for some of the members here to be in a sexual relationship but this is the reality of today and id like to ask a few major questions to help me out in my relationship. We have been together since Dec 19...

Doesn't find me attractive, doesn't want sex with me, isn't sure he wants a relationship [ 14 Answers ]

Please read this, I need your help I'm 18 and so is my boyfriend I've been with him for 10 months and for about 5 months he's telling me he's not ready to commit and isn't sure he wants a relationship.and at points he's said he wants to feel he can do stuff with other women should the situation...

View more questions Search