Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bazzieman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2010, 12:09 PM
    How long should new mobile phone batteries be charged?
    Is it true that new mobile phone batteries should be charged for 16 or more hours, then run down in the phone, and repeated twice more? Or just charged until ready. The same query would apply to camera batteries (li-on).
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Feb 9, 2010, 12:33 PM

I used to work for a large American Cell phone company,
    According to them the initial charge should be at least 3 hours. You shouldn't do partial charge on the first charge.
    Any time after that it just depends on how long you have to wait. They don't recommend leaving them on the charger ALL the time or after they have finished charging.
    Your manuel should tell how long for your specific model.
    bazzieman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2010, 12:45 PM

Thanks for that. There was no mention of how long to charge in the manual- I did look!
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Feb 9, 2010, 12:49 PM

No worries, I know each phone is different, but I have never heard of a phone taking 16 hours!
    Usually it is 3-4 hours depending on the continuois talk time on your phone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Law regarding Mobile Phone using [ 3 Answers ]

If a top level executive ( GM onwards) has a facility of Mobile phone provided by the Comapy , then is it mandatory to open that mobile phone for 24 hours or only for office timing??

How to start a mobile phone... [ 4 Answers ]

I know very little about them as you'll see. I got given a motorola c520, with charger. It has a battery and a simcard. When I put it on charge (and switch the socket on!) nothing happens. What am I missing (apart from braincells)? Thanks! Love, A.

About NEC mobile phone [ 4 Answers ]

please I want know how I can decode a NEC mobile phone?

Mobile Phone decoding [ 1 Answers ]

Please would you kindlly send or direct me to information source concerning mobile phone decoding?

View more questions Search