Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scooper1000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2010, 09:43 AM
    Free statistic answers
    Bob scored 85 on a math exam and the mean was 77 and standard deviation was 6. Tricia scored 78 where the mean was 73 and standard deviation was 4. Shirley scored 92 on the English exam where the mean was 86 and the standard deviation was 5. Compare the scores and rank them from best to worst.
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2010, 12:52 PM

Take the first one. (85-77)/6=4/3

This means Bob scored 1.33 standard deviations above the mean.

Also, if we look up 4/3 in the z-table we see we get .9088

That means that Bob scored higher than 90% of those who took the test.

Compare the other two.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Free plumbing questions and answers [ 16 Answers ]

Smell from pipes after using sinks and washing machine can not find any leaks the smell comes and goes. Smell is in kitchen and laundry room which is below kitchen

Free answers to physic questions [ 3 Answers ]

A hang glider n and its piolt have a total mass equal to 120kg. While executing a 360 degree turn, the glider moves in a ciricle with 8-m radius the glider speed is 10 m/s what is the net force of the hanging glider .

Free plumbing answers [ 5 Answers ]

I have an 800’ well with a non pressurized tank and a 1 horse jet pump the tank is full to the top and the air control valve seams to be working there is no blockage in the 1/8” lines on the pressure switch or the air control valve. But the pump starts as soon as the water is turned on and runs a...

Free statistics answers [ 3 Answers ]

Mr Patel intends to start a dry cleaning business and wishes to borrow money for this purpos.He feels he will no be able to pay anything in the first three years but thereafter he is prepared to pay $4000.00 per year for five years.The bank agrees to advancxe him money at 18% interest per annum.How...

Free algebra 2 answers [ 4 Answers ]

Okay I'm Performing Operations with Complex Numbers and its prety confusing to me I have this equation and its somthin to have to do with imaginary numbers my equation is (6-3i) + (5+4i)

View more questions Search