Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 3, 2010, 07:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    I like Puffin, reminds me of Hugh Heffner! lol.
    OMG! I watch that show too! :eek:

OMG! I just admitted it! :eek:
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2010, 07:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    OMG! I watch that show too! :eek:

OMG! I just admitted it! :eek:

How about Mr. Jingles? The movie , "The Green Mile".:)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 3, 2010, 07:44 PM

Yes, I have two, one will jump into my hand when I put it into his cage, and set to be petted ( of course a treat follows)

The other thinks my hand is the treat if I am not faster than him. Once in my hand he will play, just getting him there
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2010, 07:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    yes, I have two, one will jump into my hand when I put it into his cage, and set to be petted ( of course a treat follows)

The other thinks my hand is the treat if I am not faster than him. once in my hand he will play, just getting him there

Sweet little things:)
    HotPotato2009 Posts: 706, Reputation: 15

Jun 8, 2010, 10:37 AM

Aww that's sweet. My hampster is still a little jumpy. But he does let me pet him.. sometimes. He's eating things out of my hands too.

OH! And one day, I was about to put him in his exercise ball... I gave him a chance to crawl into my hands so I can put him in there but he was a little scared to climb on. He would put his paw on my hand, sniff and back away.

So finally he crawls into my hands, but the funny thing is, as I moved my hand to put him in his exercise ball he jumps out my hand and onto the floor! OMG!! Scared the crap out of me! And I had my hands pretty high up too! Lol I couldn't believe he did that! Guess he's still a little scared.
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2010, 10:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HotPotato2009 View Post
    Aww thats sweet. My hampster is still a little jumpy. But he does let me pet him..sometimes. He's eating things outta my hands too.

OH!! And one day, I was about to put him in his exercise ball...I gave him a chance to crawl into my hands so I can put him in there but he was a little scared to climb on. He would put his paw on my hand, sniff and back away.

So finally he crawls into my hands, but the funny thing is, as I moved my hand to put him in his exercise ball he jumps out my hand and onto the floor!! OMG!!! Scared the crap outta me!! And I had my hands pretty high up too!! Lol I couldn't believe he did that! Guess he's still a little scared.

I think that's so sweet... How about Chedder.. Nibbles or Dexter? My grandsons suggestions... Good luck... take care of that little sweet
    Snuggle buggle... Kit:D
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jun 8, 2010, 10:54 AM

Did you name him yet HP? I still think Puffin is a good name. Yea I watch the girls next door LOL. It's trash t.v and I LOVE it!
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2010, 11:00 AM

Puffin is a good name... Kit

Jun 8, 2010, 12:11 PM

I named him Mocha! Sorry you guys :-( you guys were a little too late.

@ Aurora Bell - I used to watch The Girls Next Door. I only watched it when Kendra was on it. I don't watch it anymore though. I do watch Kendra though :-) Love that girl!

Jun 8, 2010, 12:12 PM

@ KitKat22 - What's so sweet about my hampster jumping out of my hands?? Lol
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2010, 12:20 PM

HotPotato... Mocha is a great name... Kit

Jun 15, 2010, 10:24 AM

Hi everyone!

Mocha is getting so big! Anyhow, I am going to Ocean City for my birthday next weekend and I was wondering if its okay to leave my hampster at home by himself while I'm away? I am leaving Friday and not coming back until Monday

Thanks guys!
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2010, 11:21 AM
    Hi everyone!!

Mocha is getting so big!! Anyhow, I am going to Ocean City for my birthday next weekend and I was wondering if its okay to leave my hampster at home by himself while I'm away? I am leaving Friday and not coming back until Monday

Thanks guys!
    Have a good time... I don't know the answer to that... maybe some of the pet experts can tell you... :) Enjoy the vacation...

Jun 15, 2010, 11:44 AM

Thank you KitKat :-)
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2010, 11:49 AM
    Thank you KitKat :-)
    Found this on the web

Be gone for approx 4-5 days in several weeks. Is it okay to leave a ton of food at home with my hamster and a full water bottle? Or should I take her? It is a 6 and a half hour drive. If I do take her, I have a cage that would be fine for her travel. Would music bother her? Of course the noise of the road and of the car would be there. Will she slide around her cage much? I'll be going in November... and it might be a bit chilly. And when I fill my car with gas or use the restroom, is it okay to leave her in the car?
    Is there a friend or relative that can pop in and check on your hamster while you are away/take your hamster in for the length of your vacation? This is the best option as it will avoid the undue stress of traveling and the possibility of your hamster overfeeding on the food left for it and then running out. If this is not possible then you are left with your two suggestions, neither of which is ideal. I would not recommend leaving a hamster on its own for longer than three days so if these are your only alternatives then I would take him with you.

Make sure you take a cover for the cage while in the car and don't place it near the air vents, an open window or in direct sunlight. As long as the temperature in the car isn't likely to fluctuate then I would leave him in the car when getting gas etc. Things will move around a bit in the car even with the best driving so don't put anything in the cage that could harm your hamster. For example, use a water bottle and scatter a little bit of food around the floor rather than water/food bowls. A quiet background level of music will be fine but your hamster will probably be trying to sleep so won't appreciate anything very loud.

Jun 17, 2010, 05:21 AM

Thanks KitKat. But believe it or not, I saw the same thing online lol. I googled it after I ask the question on here. :-( There's not really too many people that I trust with him. My brother would just take my hampster out his cage and put him in his hampster cage with his hampster (I;m not having that!! ) I have this feeling that my sisters boyfriend and his friends will be picking with him, my one friend has a cat and a really wild dog, and my other friend, she doesn't seem like she would want to be bothered with a hampster. She has already said that she don't like hampsters.

Do you know how much it would cost for a petstore to do it?
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2010, 07:49 AM
    Thanks KitKat. But believe it or not, I saw the same thing online lol. I googled it after I ask the question on here. :-( Theres not really too many people that I trust with him. My brother would just take my hampster out his cage and put him in his hampster cage with his hampster (I;m not having that!!!) I have this feeling that my sisters boyfriend and his friends will be picking with him, my one friend has a cat and a really wild dog, and my other friend, she doesnt seem like she would want to be bothered with a hampster. She has already said that she dont like hampsters.

Do you know how much it would cost for a petstore to do it??
    Call a vet. We used to board our cat for a week , when we left. Didn't cost too much and they take real good care of the pets... Kit

Jun 17, 2010, 08:08 AM

Ok, thanks!

Jun 17, 2010, 08:09 AM

KitKat, what do you mean by, "you used to board your cat"?
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2010, 08:15 AM
    KitKat, what do you mean by, "you used to board your cat"?

There are vets who will keep your animal for a week or so if your going away. Some charge huge fees others charge according to the kind of animal you have. Look in the yellow pages under the vets names in your area and if they have a classified it should tell whether they do this or not. Call and get prices.

If you know some really nice dependable kid... maybe they would keep Mocha and take care of him for a little money. I'm talking about maybe thirteen or fourteen.. an animal lover. I hope you find someone. Kit

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What's a good diet? [ 5 Answers ]

What's a good diet to have? I need to eat healthier, I eat out all the time. About 5 times a week because my mom does and she never cooks. Should I start cooking healthier things or what do you suggest?

What's Good For My Hair. [ 3 Answers ]

My Hair Is So Dry It's Unreal Every time I Hop Out Of The Bath I Put On "Studio Straight" By Loreal Paris And "Planet Sea" On It And Its Still Dry What Should I Do.. (:

What's a good way to diet [ 3 Answers ]

I don't want to diet as it boring but I do want to lose weight. I'm eating healthy stuff and stopped drinking lager, and going to start walking everywhere. I have done diets before but they don't seem to work. Help!

What's a good duck to have [ 8 Answers ]

Just want some ppls opinion on which species of duck is better as a pet and why...

View more questions Search