Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    0630Bug Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2010, 06:30 PM
    Pterigium
    I have a pterigium on my ey that has changed shape over the years and is growing over the brown part of my eye, over the edge where the brown and white of my eye meet. I want it removed because it sometimes burns due to dryness and was told there's only a 2% success rate... that is, 98% of the time, it grows back. Is there any cure at this point, since this diagnosis was 2 years ago?
    0630Bug Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2010, 06:32 PM

Pterigium

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a pterigium on my ey that has changed shape over the years and is growing over the brown part of my eye, over the edge where the brown and white of my eye meet. I want it removed because it sometimes burns due to dryness and was told there's only a 2% success rate... that is, 98% of the time, it grows back. Is there any cure at this point, since this diagnosis was 2 years ago?
    thisisit Posts: 406, Reputation: 57

Feb 9, 2010, 06:57 AM

Find the best ophthalmologist you can, then go from there. In the mean time you might get some relief using artificial tears or other eye drops.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search