Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashmore86 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2010, 04:20 PM
    All 5 of the cold-water shutoff valves in my house are leaking water.
    It may be an isolated incident, but this may have been pressure related. My house is about 12 years old and we have had some cold weather here in NC. It appears all of the bathroom cold valves have leaked about a cup of water. They aren't runnning constantly, but they will drip when the water is turned on. This may have all occurred at once. Please help me understand what occurred and what to do.

Thanks,

Ash Harrison
    [email protected]
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 8, 2010, 04:31 PM

Can you take a picture to show us exactly where they leak at.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2010, 08:07 PM

See the Image below and tell us where are the leaking from, Thanks.

John
    Attached Images

ashmore86 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2010, 08:50 AM
    I believe the water may have forced out of #1. I'm going out on a limb a bit here, though. It is harder to tell than you might think. An interesting thing--the kitchen sink didn't leak, and it is the only one that has a combined h/c faucet, and it may be a bit more stout than the bathroom fixtures as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Self-piercing water shutoff valves OK? [ 2 Answers ]

I need to connect my household water supply to my new Frigidaire refrigerator, using 1/4" copper tubing. The kit I bought from Home Depot contains a self-piercing saddle-type shut-off valve. However, the instruction manual that came with the fridge says "DO NOT use a self-piercing type shut-off...

Cold water leaking from hot water handle [ 5 Answers ]

I have a tenant that has told me that when she turns on the cold water, cold water will spray out of the hot water valve handle area. I have not gone to see it yet, but I am assuming that it would probably be a washer somewhere. My question would be: which washer? I want to try to arm myself...

Shutoff Valves Leaking [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I had to turn off the main shut off valve in the house to fix a problem. When I turned it back on, it has a continuous drip. Is this common and do I just need to wait it out? I noticed similar problem with other shut off valves in the house. I'm worried about a flood!!

No cold water to tub & Knurled cap on shutoff valve? [ 6 Answers ]

(The new bladder & pump switch are still working. Thanks again!) Since our adventures with the ruptured bladder in the pressure tank we've had little to no cold water in the shower, which hasn't been a big deal as our water heater isn't set very high. However, I figure it should be fixed &...

Water shutoff in neighbors house [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I live in a Condo that used to be apartments. I recently found out that the water shut off in my unit turns off all of the hot water and all of the cold water on the first two floors. It DOES NOT turn off the cold water upstairs. I learned that this is controlled by the shut off in...

View more questions Search