Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pitty me Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2010, 06:11 AM
    My girlfriend asked me to accept me and another man
    I've been with my girl for 3 1/2 years. I love her and she says she loves me. I recently found out she was seeing another guy. She wants me to accept her and this guy as well as our relationship. She says she feels sorry for him and he is a good man. After lenghty discussions she revealed they did it(sex). My heart fell to the floor. She insists she only loves me but feels sorry for this guy. I told her he must go. She said give me time. Its now been 2 months and she still talks to him on the phone daily and I'm pretty pissed. 2 days ago we had an almighty argument over it and I did not contact till today. I asked in my text if she still loves me as number one. She replied yes. Always. Then she asks if I will accept them in our relationship. What do I do. (its not a 3 some sutuation at once situation) just a distant "feel sorry for this guy" thing. What do I do?
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2010, 06:33 AM

So she is asking you to accept another guy that she is going to date? Or to accept him as a friend? Personally, I wouldn't be doing either, she cheated on you if I read this correctly and now wants you to be okay with this?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Feb 8, 2010, 06:39 AM

You mean she wants you to accept the fact that she's going to have 2 boyfriends? Say that to yourself and let us know if that makes sense.

Time to walk away. You're not her priority anymore.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2010, 07:38 AM

If it is OK with you to share her affection, then I guess I'd say keep going the way you're going.

If you feel that you (rightly) deserve all of your girlfriend's love and affection, then you need to walk away.

People do what they want to do. If she wanted to stop seeing this guy, she would. This whole "I feel sorry for him" is just an excuse to get jiggy with someone else. She doesn't want to stop seeing him.

You shouldn't have to share your girlfriend. You deserve to be the only man in her life.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2010, 08:01 AM

She feels sorry for him?
    What a sad excuse.
    Time to walk away,you don't have to cater to someone who wants to eat her cake and keep it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 8, 2010, 08:24 AM

You may be number 1, but not the only one.

Its absurd to even be in her harem of guys, pity or not.
    duece22022 Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Feb 8, 2010, 10:52 AM

Tell her she can be your #2. for putting you through this.
    Imabadman Posts: 303, Reputation: 135

Feb 8, 2010, 11:39 AM

Personally, speaking for myself, I would walk away. She cheated on you and now wants you to compromise your morals and values to gratify her. Screw that!

Of course the decision is yours. If you like sharing your significant other with some other guy… great, you're much stronger willed than I am. I see the situation for what it is. She's a cheater, a liar, and a tramp and you my friend are enabling her by accepting this behavior.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2010, 11:47 AM

THIS IS GOING TO BE HARSH

Go into your girlfriends purse get your b@lls back and leave. I don't mean to be crude but you have accepted this for 2 months C'MON MAN!!
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2010, 01:02 PM

I think the biggest issue here is that you lack the self confidence to realize that this kind of situation is completely unacceptable - furthermore you are actually letting her dictate YOUR life right now.

Do NOT sell your soul to the devil. If you were watching a movie with this same scenario going down, what would you think or feel?

This isn't a "feel sorry for this guy" situation... it is a "like having sex with multiple guys" situation. See your way out of it immediately. How many guys will she feel sorry for in the future?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What movie is this? Black man and white man lost at sea in a small boat. [ 1 Answers ]

Somebody please help me with the title of a movie, more than likely a TV movie but could have been a theater movie that was probably made in the seventies. I was 9 years old in 1977 and the only scene I remember was of a black man and a white man in a small boat lost at sea and at one point they...

My fianc? Asked for space and asked me to move out. [ 11 Answers ]

My fiancé and I have one child together. She has a child with an ex. The child is autistic (found out this year). We have been fighting a lot because of the stress from therapy and all of his app. We have not been having sex a lot lately and not been getting along because she is having a hard time...

I am deployed and my wife asked if she could have sex with another man [ 41 Answers ]

I am deployed its our first deployment together and my wife is really lonely and really deprived from sex just like me and she asked me if she could have sex with another man just to take the edge off. I told her no and my reasons are that it would not stop I don't think what is just once going to...

To Accept or Not Accept a Gift [ 10 Answers ]

It's the Christmas season, so yesterday I spent the day making cookies which were then wrapped in a decorative tin that I gave to a male co-worker as a thank you for help done at work and for the occasional ride home from work. I was quite surprised when he handed me a little gift bag in return....

My family won't accept my older man [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I don't know where else to turn... Ive been going out with a fantastic bloke who is 26 years older than me. I'm 24. We started by total accident, he was in the process of leaving his family home, after 25 years of marriage. We realised about a month after that first night that we...

View more questions Search