Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tahnoak Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2010, 04:58 AM
    GMT/GMTH (Goodman) Delayed start
    I am hearing several "thumping" noises in the ventilation when my GMT or GMTH is trying to start. The unit is roughly 6 years old and I have never had a problem with it until now.

It thumps maybe 7-10 times then it kicks on and starts working.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 8, 2010, 06:14 AM
    Need EXACT model number
    tahnoak Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2010, 08:02 AM

According to the faceplate the model # is: U36 Rev B
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 8, 2010, 11:30 AM
    No cigar. Try looking behind the furnace door on the front of the furnace. In other words remove door and look for the furnace rate plate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GMT or GMTH, 3 blinks [ 10 Answers ]

My in-laws got a GMT or GMTH Goodman Power Vented Gas Furnace. I changed the “ignitor” but it will not come up because the ‘vent pressure switch’ does not close! The red led flashes 3 times which indicates the ‘vent pressure switch’ is the cause. Would you have any suggestions how to deal with...

Goodman furnace model GMT 015-3 [ 1 Answers ]

The blower works when thermostat is switched to Fan, but there is not heat. Once I switch to Auto, there is not heat and the blower does not work. Temperature is set above the current room temperature. Would that be caused by a board issue? The red light just stays on, does not blink at...

Goodman GMT Furnace won't give heat unless [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace just went on the fritz about 4 days ago after starting to run very loudly. I open the unit and started playing with few switches and maually turn this big round looking knob, for lack of a better word. Oddly enough the unit kick into gear and work for about two days. Now the furnace...

Trane XE1200 humming loudly and delayed start on heating. [ 1 Answers ]

Hey guys got a problem w/ my heater that of course happens when there is snow on the ground and its below freezing outside. I have a Trane XE1200 unit and so far I have really enjoyed it. One of the selling points of this house was that it had new hvac in 2002, so I figured that would be one...

2000 Buick Regal LS-Delayed start when cold [ 3 Answers ]

I just got a 00 Buick Regal. Drives smooth, and cruises well on the highway. However, I noticed it has a delayed start when cold. Is this normal for the 3800 series II engine? I don't think it needs a tune-up because it doesn't idle rough or have issues during normal driving.

View more questions Search