Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PJobe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2010, 11:16 PM
    1/8" seams between Hardee Board sheets
    We were told to leave these gaps between the sheets. Can we use silicone caulking in these seams or should we use thin-set and tape?
    pattyg2 Posts: 480, Reputation: 27

Feb 8, 2010, 01:29 AM

Use the correct modified thinset for the tiles you will be using and the correct fiberglass tape for hardi backer boards.
    I tape and thinset the seams when I get to them while tiling to avoid any lumps or bumps in the seams. Be sure to mist or sponge the cement board with water as to not dry out the thinset prematurely. Use silicone caulk for the corners and the edges after the tile has set. I usually grout after the silicone has cured so as not to get grout in those joints that expand.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"T" sat wiring for york gas furnace control board. [ 3 Answers ]

I have maple/chase programmable "T" stat... Two stat wires going to control board (Note:.. this board operates heat/ac) wire #1 yellow, red, white, green.. wire #2 red, white. Board terminals Y1, Y/Y2, W, R, G, C... What is the correct wiring for wires #1&2 to terminals.. Thanks in advance for...

Looking for a way to set the "zero values" option to unchecked for all sheets. [ 1 Answers ]

Folks. I am looking to set the "zero values" to unchecked (this setting is found in tools - options- view tab). I would like to set this value to unchecked for all spreadsheets that will be created from now on. If I remove the check and save the value it only affects the workbook I currently...

View more questions Search