Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kmonk10 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2010, 02:43 PM
    Permanent Restraining Order
    Before a Permanent Restraining Order can be issued by a Domestic (Superior) Court does a Motion or Petition have to be filed with the Clerks office by the person initiating the Restraining Order? Does the person the Restraining Order is against receive notice of this filed motion?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 7, 2010, 03:25 PM

Yes paperwork has to be filed to create a restraining order. Of course the other party will be notified of the court date so they have a chance to defend themselves. That's why its not an automatic thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restraining order! [ 2 Answers ]

I got my bank account restrained by two different law firms; I planned to go ahead with an income execution if so will the restraining be lifted once I start making the payments? Also will any money go to a restrainer after a certain period? Thanks

Restraining order [ 17 Answers ]

How old do you have to be to file for a restraining order and do you have to have evidence as to why you need one? I broke up with my ex girlfriend back in July, for a while we kind of talked like friends, then she started dating some one who I though was a friend so I stop talking to her and...

Restraining Order. [ 1 Answers ]

Okay so I hit a girl who used to be my friend, and Her mom got a restraining order on me. Well now she wants to be friends with me, but I wasn't Sure if I can actually be nice to her and talk to her, And if the restraining order was just for harassing her, Or if I can't talk to her at all.

Restraining order [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone get a restraining order based on a threat?

Can I get a restraining order? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband talks to his exwife every few weeks, just a civil "hey how ya doing" kind of thing. I have no problem with this, as we all grew up going to the sames schools etc. His exwife is in a relationship... the relationship that ended her marriage to my husband (she cheated on him and is still...

View more questions Search