Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ellie17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2006, 02:24 AM
    Advise over custody
    :confused Im married and my husband was married to another lady about 13 years ago, she left him taking her then 3 month old dughter, brian has never had contact with them since but 12 years on he received a letter from the csa asking for money each week for the child, brian is now going to ask for contact with he's daughter as he is going to have to pay maintenance for her, he has never tried to contact them as at the time it was a nasty split and he was 19 years old and thiught it was best all round, will he be allowed to see the child or not help advise needed
    :confused: :eek:
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31

Nov 23, 2006, 04:33 AM
    He may be allowed to see his child but he will have to make up his past support and pay it in the future. In every case I have ever heard of, the father can see the child if support is paid.
    For better advice you need to contact an attorney.
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Nov 23, 2006, 05:28 AM
    Two separate issues here, neither are related legally, but a father has the right to see his child... period... regardless of whether he is current or behind in child support payments. Of course, the visitation rights spelled out in the divorce are binding on both parents. However, she could make the father's life miseable by enforcing the agreement to pay child support.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2006, 10:13 AM
    Unless it can be shown that he'd be a danger to the child, Brian should be granted visitation rights if he asks for them.
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Nov 23, 2006, 10:31 AM
    First of all your man... knew he had a child and made no effort to contact the child for how many years too many... he now wants to punish the mother and the child... by allowing them to come into his presence... are you really married to this guy? You got to see your future in his action in this situation... he should and will receive visitation... regardless of the situation... unless the child is challenged by his presence... now... so things need to go slow... the courts will view him as what he is... regardless of how you feel about this man... there is no need to support bad behavior... tell he... you love him... his actions at that time were wrong... let him correct this problem... by first make arrangement for support... there is a payment plan... for men and women found in this situation... no one is looking to put anyone in prison on this issue... the preference is to pay child support for the care and the daily keeping of the child... get out this mode of protecting this suffering man... he brought this action on to himself and the child... if the mother is out of work and is need of support... the services she contacted will ask her where is the father and who is father... if they are going to give her any funds and health support... period... this is not an issue to call the end of the world too... get your husband to handle is responsibility and you... if you are upset over this issue... stay out of it... this situation and drama is between him, the mother and child... not the outsider... you were not there... so for your peace and for his peace... keep out of this... this is his drama... let him handle this drama...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 23, 2006, 12:40 PM
    I have to agree with Luna to a point here. It sounds like Brian is either trying to get out of the child support by asking for visitation or trying to extract a measure of revenge. In either case, this appears a selfish act with no concern for the child.

What not clear here is whether this is a new order for child support or an enforcement of an existing order. If the former, that's one thing. If the latter, shame on him for abandoning his child no matter what the circumstances.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could use some advise [ 16 Answers ]

Ok I need advise on 2 different relationship propublems. 1> My x is asking me to sign a paper for him . I told him I would have to speak to my lawyer before signing any papers for him . He got mad and left me a text message saying He was crushing the car (the paper he wanted me to sign was...

Serious Advise Please! [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: I know this is sure to get some negative comments, need only serious advise please! I've been married AND FAITHFULL for the last five years. Prior to our marriage, we were together for 10 years. Lately, for a long time actually, I feel like my husband doesn't "give" to the relationship...

Advise [ 17 Answers ]

Hello. I'm new to this forum. Well my situations goes like this, my ex girlfriend broke off the relationship of two years. Its been three months since the breakup. Well the first month I kind of had some sort of contact with her through calls, e-mails. Then I decieded to go the NC way because it...

Can anyone advise/help? [ 21 Answers ]

Hi, my husband and I have been trying to fall pregnant for a few months now... my last period was on the 3 June lasting 6days, then on the 23 June till now, I've been getting dark brown discharge :eek: (I've never had this before ever since I started my period)... my period is not for another 2...

Please please help me! I need advise! [ 3 Answers ]

We were together for 6 months   He is 23 I am 29  We started living together into his house after the first month (with his mother) Things seemed to be pretty much wonderful at the beginning  We were very much in love His best friend liked me long time ago and at my opinion he couldn't bear not...

View more questions Search