Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bhunt79 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2010, 11:30 AM
    Heating issue with Freedom 75
    Hello. I have an American Standard Freedom 75 gas furnace, and it's acting up a bit. The furnace will run fine when it is first turned on at the thermostat, and will heat the house properly, but once it cycles off, the next time it comes on, the blower will just continuously blow, but no heat will be produced.

When this happens, you will hear the furnace try to kick on at the beginning, maybe 3-4 times, and it kind of buzzes for a few seconds when it does this, but inadvertently there will be no heat produced.

At this point, the blower will run until you manually turn the heat off at the thermostat.

So I've been just letting the house heat up, and once it cuts off, I will turn the heat off completely until it gets too cold.

I know something is out of whack, and hopefully someone here can clue me in as to what needs to be done to fix it.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 7, 2010, 11:32 AM
    Exact model number as listed on the furnace label inside the front door of the unit.
    bhunt79 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2010, 11:57 AM
    All there is inside the door is a wiring diagram, but no model #. On the outside of the door, there was a piece of paper that looked official, but I couldn't determine if the model number is on it or not. But, my mistake - on the outside it says Freedom 78, not 75.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Freedom [ 7 Answers ]

I feel like I have no freedom and no life. I'm sixteen and I have never partied or gone clubbing before. I've never drank, done drugs, smoked, or had sex. I'm a good girl, and I want to keep it that way. The PROBLEM is my parents are so strict on me. I am taking an ACT PREP class and they are...

Now this is carrying freedom a little too far [ 42 Answers ]

This is carrying religious freedom a little too far, a Baptist Church is burning versions of the Bible other than the KJV. This is a radical move that achieves nothing but make Christians look like fascists and extremists. YouTube - N.C. Church Plans Bible Burning How is it that a land that...

Heating issue! [ 19 Answers ]

I have a conventional heating and cooling unit for my condo. This is not a heat pump. The outside unit is a Rheem. The problem I am having is that when I turn on my heat, the settings are set to fan-auto, system-heat, I have no heat coming out of the vents just plain air. Now if I set the fan to...

What is freedom? [ 11 Answers ]

Would the last man on earth be free? Does freedom and independence mean you are not dependent upon others for survival? If a master of slaves is dependent upon his slaves to do what he requires and needs to live... is he really free and independent?

Freedom of press [ 1 Answers ]

What should be guaranteed freedom of press besides newspapers? :)

View more questions Search