Ask
    iamchase4 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2005, 03:38 PM
    To voodoo
    Why does your name say [virus]?
    iamchase4 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2005, 04:05 PM
    Reply to OldCoach
    OK, school has started and I've changed up a lot of things since it started. In the mornings, I practice basketball skills that I found from http://teams4.vicid.com/user_files/2...%20-%20csb.doc I usually can only get to the partner shooting part and spin dribble to myself for one of the shots and make 5 from every spot or 10 if its only one spot. I also added some different ball handling drills. After school, I finish the workout if I can. On mondays and fridays I do a different jumping program and its been working well for me so far. I feel this is better than what I was doing because the shots are more focused on making them, getting them off quickly, good form, and all the key elements to good shots instead of just trying to get in a certain amount of shots. It also doesn't focus way too much on ball handling, and I've actually seen better improvements in my ball handling from the not so intense drills. There are more reasons I like what I'm doing better than before, but the way that I am, I want to do more. I feel like maybe I could be doing more and become a great player. So oldcoach, do you think what I am doing will be enough or do you have ideas on what more I could do. I know I shouldn't burn myself, but I always feel like michael jordan worked harder than me than I am right now, so I always want to do more. He's my inspiration :) anyway thanks for your help oldcoach!
    kyle garcia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2005, 12:36 PM
    Directed to Old Coach
    Hey, old coach I don't know if like you've had enough of people asking for help and what not but I do in fact have a couple of questions. I am pretty knowledgeable about fitness and that side of things in concern to basketball e.g. plyometrics etc and different workout/ handle programs. But this is not why I have posted, I have been playing basketball for about 3 years; 2 years on, 1 year off, mostly its been on the playground and gyms with my friends and only very little in school games, though now I am in college and I've made the team, although I am seriously out of form at the moment due to lack of practice, I can still hold my place. Okay as I continue to post this I realise that I don't really need any help I know what I have to do and that's practice, just want to say I never practice with a Net, just bouncing a ball in my back yard yet I have one of the best shot averages around, weird huh.
    Hoosier_at_heart Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2005, 06:54 PM
    Need help with my vertical jump please
    Hey,

I'm in 7th grade. I got rejected from my basketball team. I am 13. Male. 5 ft 7 in and I have a 19" vertical jump. I will admit i am not the best there is. but i think i was good enough to make that team.i need help on jumping higher.then i want to be able to impress the coach by maybe even dunking by next year.plus i do track and i am a highjumper longjumper and a sprinter so jumping higher will help me.

is a 19" vertical for my height and age. (plus I'm 118 pounds).

Please give me tips. Thank you.

Hoosier at heart
    nkhim Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2005, 11:20 AM
    Need Help Badly!
    Guys, I am in desperate need of help. I am almost 14 years old. I am only 4'9''. I want to be a good basketball player, in fact one of the best. As you can tell I am VERY short. This is a very big disadvantage. But to the other side I am a very good ball handler, shooter, and defensive player. I have a embarrassing 7 inch vertical. Does anyone know any ways to get taller? Will I grow?

I would very much appreciate if you could help out with my situation.
    bballplayah Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2005, 12:02 PM
    Hi
    Omg I'm 12, almost 13 and I'm only 4"9!! I need help too... it sucks, I ot rejected from the bball team last year cause I was too short..
    Clo23 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2006, 07:13 AM
    Workout! Get what you want, dribble until you cannot dribble anymore, shoot until you cannot shoot anymore, lift weights until you are sore, and then next day come back for more. I do that everysingle day hun, and believe it or not next year I will be a senior on varsity for my 2nd year, and I will be starting pt. I have been in your situation before but GET INVOLVED. It's one thing to just sya your going to get better or you want to, but its another to do! If you really want to improve, don't only stay for practice, go after practice get a workout in with your coach, shoot nonstop dribble non stop the only reason you think you are not getting better is because you are sitting there talking about it, that does not do anything, getting advice, yes means you would like to get better, and that is fantasmic! So if you would like to improve and show everyone including your coach you can do it, start now, and begin your journy. Watch old games, watch how Michael Jordan shoots, watch the determination in other players, if your that serious about it go to a couple camps, get involved in off-season activities, there are plenty of ways for you to get better. So Good-Luck.. You can do it.
    bobanche Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2006, 09:28 AM
    If you want to solve your problem with your vertical leap. I'm not that much into jumping but lot of my friends have had great success with aware jump. That is www.aware-jump.com

They say they've gained as much as 6-7-8-9 inches or something like that in 3-4 weeks. It really works.

Hope that helps.
    Hester23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2007, 09:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by texan_06
    ok i really need help
    i love basketball i always have
    but no matter how much i practice and how hard i work i just can't seem to get better
    i mean i have talked to my coach and the way she works is she tells you somethin negative and she wants you to prove her wrong
    well for me its kinda hard cause i dont know how to get better i mean i do i just have trouble getting it i mean everyone i can think of has tried to help me
    i just really want to improve and get better and i was well wondering if anyone had any ideas for me
    i would really like and use the help
    thanks
    Just go to sportschool.com and find basketball drills. It will show videos and stuff to get better. That's where I learned how to get more power as a running back in football.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basketball practice better than game time [ 7 Answers ]

Ok hi how are you Well I got a problem See I don't know what is wrong with me Every time I have a basketball game I freeze and I play like shit but in practice I'm like the best player on the team . Something is wrong with me and I don't know how to fix it I feel like I'm letting the whole...

Will I be able to practice? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm just finishing my first year of law school, and am kind of embarrassed to ask this. I entered a debt settlement company, and they were lousy. I now have three accounts left, and with interest they are now in upwards of $30,000. I'm leaving the company, but the three account left are with...

A-1 Photography Practice Set [ 0 Answers ]

I need help with the A-1 photography practice set. I don't even know where to start. Has anyone done it?

Has anyone done the A-1 Photography practice set? [ 2 Answers ]

Need the A-1 Photography practice set?

View more questions Search