Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cwhit3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2010, 05:50 PM
    Should you leave tips at conventions?
    When you pay to go to an event, then you pay for a meal at the event, are you expected to leave a gratuity for the table waiters? If so how much based on what?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 6, 2010, 05:57 PM

If you're the one paying the bill then whatever your normal gratuity is, is what applies. If it were a hosted event such as a wedding then so long as your not the one paying it wouldn't apply.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 6, 2010, 06:23 PM

In a larger banquet type of benefit it is often added auto to the bill.

But yes, the person who pays normally does the tip
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2010, 06:26 PM

I always leave a gratuity,having been a bartender and a waitress.
    I would ask the person who is paying if you can contribute to the tip if you feel so inclined.

Twenty to twenty five in a posh restaurant and 18 to 20% otherwise.
    If you are paying your own dinner bill you do tip accordingly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AMHD Conventions [ 10 Answers ]

I have a crazy idea that is not that realistic but would be very fun in theory. Since most of our member are from the USA with a few Canadians, I was thinking we could have annual AMHD conventions in major cities in North America. The convention could be held at a large hotel and members would...

Concepts and Conventions of accounting [ 1 Answers ]

Illustrating with examples, what is the conflict between the following concepts: I) The matching rule and the materiality convention ii) The materiality convention and the objectivity convention iii) The separate entity assumption and the substance over form convention

Anime conventions on ny [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for Anime Conventions in New York or New Jersey. Somewhere near New York city would be cool. Appreciate the help! :) :cool: :D O_O? Anybody? Anyone at all? O_o Does any one even watch anime or play video games?

Switch naming conventions [ 2 Answers ]

What are Switch naming conventions? If you could please direct me to a website that explains it that would be great or explian it to me that would also be great. I tried Google but always end up with some company.

View more questions Search