Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kjpatax Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2006, 07:42 PM
    Reconfigure netgear router
    How do I reconfigure my netgear WGR614v2 to use a different gateway address than 192.168.0.1 ?
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2006, 05:35 AM
    If it is done anywhere, it'll be in the admin page for the router. Just type "192.168.0.1" into the address bar on your browser and hit OK. I've got the same router at home so I can find the exact thing you need to change later today.
    tpeters Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Nov 29, 2006, 08:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kjpatax
    How do I reconfigure my netgear WGR614v2 to use a different gateway address than 192.168.0.1 ?
    Two issues here:
    1. What is the WGR614's gateway, in other words, what's his next hop towards the outside world?
    2. What's the address of the WGR614 itself? This address is the gateway address you put into all your PC's.

The address of your WGR614 is different from the WGR614's gateway address.

All your PCs and network-enabled printers, etc, have a gateway address. It's the address of the WGR614. The WGR614 itself has a gateway setting, which is the address of your ISP's router.

Which one are you asking about? If you change the address of the WGR614 itself, you have to set the default gateway address in all your PCs to match.

If you change the WGR614 default gateway, it will stop working. It has to be the address of your ISP's router or no go.

Most of these settings on the
    Quote Originally Posted by kjpatax
    Two issues here:
    1. What is the WGR614's gateway, in other words, what's his next hop towards the outside world?
    2. What's the address of the WGR614 itself? This address is the gateway address you put into all your PC's.

The address of your WGR614 is different from the WGR614's gateway address.

All your PCs and network-enabled printers, etc, have a gateway address. It's the address of the WGR614. The WGR614 itself has a gateway setting, which is the address of your ISP's router.

Which one are you asking about? If you change the address of the WGR614 itself, you have to set the default gateway address in all your PCs to match.

If you change the WGR614 default gateway, it will stop working. It has to be the address of your ISP's router or no go.

Most of these settings in the WGR614 are set by going to a web browser, like the other poster mentioned, and entering http://192.168.0.1 (or whatever the address of the router is)

-T

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Use my NETGEAR WGR614 v5 Wireless router as a WAP? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, so everyone said this would be easy. The kid at (insert popular electronics store here) said it would be no problem to use my already owned/unused router to set up a WAP that will connect with the other router in the house, so I can 1: hook my vonage device into my router, and 2:...

Reconfigure bathroom plumbing [ 2 Answers ]

I am about to completely renovate my bathroom, and I want to create a better flow by moving the tub, toilet, and sink. How do I go about moving the plumbing to make my bathroom feel less blotchy and more cohesive.:confused:

Reconfigure a router [ 3 Answers ]

I recently lost the ability to connect my laptop to my network. Something happened to the main computer. I have been told that I need to reconfigure my router. I have a netgear router. I don't know the first thing about it. Help!

View more questions Search