Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nerta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2006, 06:30 PM
    About biology
    Can someone help me? It is a question from my biology book.

"A farmer who applies an extensive application of toxic pesticides to the soil may notice that the corp is subsequently smaller than expected. why might this have occurred??"

Thank you!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 22, 2006, 06:41 PM
    Why do you think it may have occurred? We cannot do your homework for you, but we will help once you come to an answer.

So, tell us what you think and why, then we can help you streamline.
    sovaira Posts: 271, Reputation: 10

Dec 3, 2006, 11:05 PM
    Hehehhehheheh on j9's reply.
    What io can say is that the toxic pesticides r sprayed in a quantity that retarded the growth of the crop and also it might have killed the natural useful bacteria and other planktons and microorganisms of the soil
    Well there can be many reasons of it..
    dyanne Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Jan 7, 2007, 07:32 PM
    In My Opinion,the Toxic Pesticide That The Farmer Applied To The Soil Has A Very Harmful Compositions That Affect The Growth Of The Plants And Maybe He Over Applied The Pesticides To The Soil.
    sovaira Posts: 271, Reputation: 10

Jan 27, 2007, 03:35 AM
    I think no farmer is that silly to apply in such a large quantity as they are instructed prior to use.
    But if not then '
    Obviously it will be toxic for the crops/plants,and morrover the actual composition of soil will also be imbalnaced that may not support growth for the next... some periods.. it can simply ruin the natural balnace of minerals and nourishment originally present in the soil.
    prasannanamuduri Posts: 15, Reputation: 0

Jan 28, 2007, 10:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerta
    Can someone help me? It is a question from my biology book.

"A farmer who applies an extensive application of toxic pesticides to the soil may notice that the corp is subsequently smaller than expected. why might this have occurred??"

Thank you!
    I think that the farmer used more of it and that made the crop level become low or the pesticide might not be good

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Biology [ 2 Answers ]

Is glycolysis universal?

Component present in every part of a loop [ 26 Answers ]

What component is present in every part of a loop, such as one that involves proteins producing energetic molecules from sugars?

Biology [ 9 Answers ]

1. What component is present in every part of a loop, such as one That involves proteins producing energetic molecules from sugar? A. Raw materials C. Energy absorption B. Energy release D. Information 2. If you’re using an up-to-date light microscope to examine animal Cells, you won’t be able...

Biology [ 9 Answers ]

According to my hypothesis, bacteria that lived millions of years ago communicated by their body language. In scientific terms, the main problem with my hypothesis is that?

View more questions Search