Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2010, 03:14 AM
    What is peer pressure?
    What are the circumstances that make one come across such phenomenon?
    Does it only apply to the younger generation ?
    How does one deal with it , without getting hurt?
    frostybabygurl Posts: 117, Reputation: 6

Feb 6, 2010, 05:00 AM

I believe Peer Pressure is something that just about everyone has come across at some point in their lives, some more often than others. It effects everyone, not just the younger generation. I think beliefs that it only effects the younger generaration stem from the fact that being young and not knowing who you are or what you want in life, you're more likely to be pressured into doing something that doesn't really appeal to you just so you can fit in. But there's so many situations where people face peer pressure. Such as a person who's just given up smoking, or someone who wants to lose weight, these people all have someone who doesn't nessarily want to see them fail, but doesn't want them to succeed either. Or maybe that's not really the same thing? To me, it is. I think the best way to deal with peer pressure is to stick with what you want and how you feel. If those people really matter and care about you they won't be pressuring you into anything, if they continue to do so... perhaps it's time to get a new set of friends :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Peer to peer file sharing [ 1 Answers ]

I have a laptop and a desktop at home, both connected to the same wireless router. How do I share files between the two computers? Thank You.

Peer-Peer Connection [ 1 Answers ]

1.How do l connect 2 computers sharing 1 internet port? Utilizing this services wireless or dial up through WAN. Example a computer that has 2 NIC's Network Interface Card's and the other is the onboard card, sharing & connecting it through the internet? Regards alpharulz:eek:

Peer pressure [ 2 Answers ]

What is teen peer pressure and how can people avoid it

Peer to Peer sharing [ 2 Answers ]

My Os is windows NT, I downloaded the bittorrent software and also bittorrent files but they refuse to play even though I Have downloaded the latest versions windows media and divX. My computer does not have the software to play dvds is this Required to play torrent files? If it is required...

View more questions Search