Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Christinawils Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2010, 10:28 PM
    Overheating Honda Civic with new thermostat and cold air
    OK, so in the last 2 weeks, I've replaced the thermostat and the head gaskets in my 2003 Honda Civic. And with less than 100 miles since repairs, it's still overheating and blowing cold air out intermittently when heater is on. When I got it towed, there was a puddle of liquid on ground by driver's side, back by front wheel level. Any ideas ? This car has 120,000 miles on it and it's been a great car since I got it new. Thanks in advance.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2010, 08:40 AM

The problem may be corrosion and/or phosphate scale blocking the passages in the radiator and heater core. I would definitely replace the radiator and, at least, reverse flush the heater core. You may even want to replace the heater core. Afterwards, refill with a 50/50 mixture of Dex-Cool and distilled water. These links should help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post235973

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1365453

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2004 Honda Civic ex temperature gauge and blowing cold air [ 1 Answers ]

Recently our 2004 civic ex is blowing cold air intermittently when the heater is on and the temperature gauge goes all the way to hot and then comes back down and the cycle continues. Any ideas? Thanks.:)

Honda civic overheating [ 1 Answers ]

I have an 87 honda civic with 284K mile that is overheating. I have replaced the thermostat, water pump, all the belts and the radiator fan and the secondary fan. Any ideas? It only does it once the care is heated up and over 30mph. I am starting to think electrical.

Honda civic overheating [ 1 Answers ]

My honda civic lx is overheating its bubbling in the over flo n no hoses are colapsed they have no pressure n them... I have replaced the head gasket ,but car still overheats after a few minutes of driving then starts to studder,I know that's due to the aluminum block swelling cause of heat... and...

2002 Honda Civic A/C Not Blowing Cold Air [ 2 Answers ]

The air conditioning just blows warm air. The a/c was working at one point, but it began alternating with the hot air a few months ago. It would blow cold air just fine, but as soon as I stopped somewhere and after say an hr I got back in the car the a/c would blow hot air again. This happened...

92 honda civic lx overheating [ 3 Answers ]

My honda civic is overheating and water is bubbling into the overfill tank, and then leaking out. I already replaced radiator and thermostat and there seems to be no pressure from the lower radiator hose to the thermostat. The electric fan fails to come on when temperature is high. Replaced...

View more questions Search