Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patymtzh Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2010, 06:51 PM
    Birth certificate add last name
    I need to add my last name to my kids birth certificate, he only has his fathers.
    What do I need to do?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 5, 2010, 07:13 PM

You need to go to court and get not only the courts permission but the fathers permission as well. Are you planning on using a hyphen and keeping both names ?

Feb 6, 2010, 12:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    You need to go to court and get not only the courts permission but the fathers permission as well. Are you planning on using a hyphen and keeping both names ?

My idea is to only add muy last name with a space in between my husband's and mine. Like having two lastnames.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 6, 2010, 12:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by patymtzh View Post
    My idea is to only add muy last name with a space in between my husband's and mine. like having two lastnames.
    Im not sure if that would be approved because it would separate the names and look like a middle name. If you want to use both then think about using a hyphen. Last1-last2.

It would help avoid confusion on paperwork.

Feb 6, 2010, 12:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    Im not sure if that would be approved because it would seperate the names and look like a middle name. If you want to use both then think about using a hyphen. last1-last2.

It would help avoid confusion on paperwork.

Thank you very much for your help I'll defenitly look for a lawyer to help me do all the papper work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get my father's name add my birth certificate; where do I go, and what all [ 4 Answers ]

How can I get my father's name add my birth certificate; where do I go, and what all has to be done.

How do I add my fathers name to my birth certificate? [ 4 Answers ]

My mother never put my fathers name on my birth certificate. (nice one mom) I found him a couple of years ago and met him for the first time and it was great and blah blah blah and he's OK with me putting his name on it, but I have no idea where to start. What do I need to get from him to do this?...

Father not around at birth. Want to add him to birth certificate/change babies name [ 1 Answers ]

At the time I had my son 5 months ago his father was not in the picture so I opted to not give him his last name or put his name on the birth certificate... however now his father came back and we are working things out.. how do I go about changing the birth certificate and my sons last name... do...

Add to birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I need help. My fiancés name and info,was not on our son's birth certificate. Only his date of birth. He did sign at the hospital,he agreed he was the father,but it was not placed on there. How do I get all of the required info on the birth certificate? We did go to the child support office and he...

Add father's name in birth certificate [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I have been asking question concerning how add a father's name in a birth certificate, without going through a lawyer with the concent of a mother? If you have any answer concerning this question I will appreciate it. Gladys >Moved to Family Law<

View more questions Search