Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2010, 06:46 PM
    Latex paint sheen match
    OK, I painted the hallway upstairs. I used HD's best latex w/primer built in. I painted eggshell over flat. (contractor grade flat paint)
    The new (eggshell) paint soaked in like a sponge and dried so fast you really had to be careful when applying roller strokes or you could see the pattern in the sheen/reflection.
    The last wall I came to looked so bad from the recessed lighting reflection, I had to do it over. So I went horizontal this time.
    It's better, but you can still see rougher and smoother textures. I don't want to apply anymore paint. There's enough on there, believe me.
    I was thinking of letting it cure for 2 weeks, then trying to smooth the paint with something to kind of blend the sheen of it.
    Any ideas on what to use? A very mild abrasive? (if this were the side of a car, I'd just buff it out if you get my meaning.)

Check out some similar questions!

How to lighten red colour to match the wall paint [ 4 Answers ]

I have a room painted in red I used what I thought was the same red paint to touch up However it is much darker and has left big marks How can I lighten the red colour ?

I got latex paint on my carpet! [ 6 Answers ]

I just finished painting my hallways in the upstairs of my house a very dark green. I have tan carpet, which I splashed some paint on. I tried soap and water, no go. Does anyone have any suggestions how to get the paint out of my carpet? I am afraid I am going to have to have all of the carpeting...

Latex or oil , old paint [ 4 Answers ]

I need to paint over woodwork and don't know if it is oil or latex. What should I do?

1980s TV movie with charlie sheen and chad lowe. [ 2 Answers ]

My question isn't what's the name of the movie, I know that already. Its called "Silence of the heart" And in it, chad lowe is reading a sylvia plath book, and I want to know if anyone by some chance knows which sylvia plath book it is that he is reading? Any idea at all, please help! :confused:

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.