Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    atoy0356 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2010, 06:26 PM
    Sleeping with dogs in bed
    Is a dod sleeping with you giving you or your partner any parasites or etc. that we don't know about?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 5, 2010, 06:45 PM

If the dog has fleas then letting him sleep with you is not a good idea. But, if you have a healthy dog, vet checked, nothing wrong, then you should be fine.

I'd love to tell you that dogs shouldn't be sleeping with you. Not for health reasons, but because it's a bad habit.

Sadly I can't, two of my three dogs sleep on the bed with us, the third doesn't only because he's too old to get up on the bed.

Truth told, there are bugs on your bed at all times, no matter how much you wash it or vacuum it. Even if you don't have pets, there are bugs. We can't see them and most times we don't notice them.

So enjoy your dog and don't tell anyone I said it was okay for him/her to sleep on your bed. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sleeping in his own bed [ 4 Answers ]

Please help me. My son will not sleep in his own bed and he is now three. Please help me to get him to sleep in his own bed.

Not sleeping in the same bed [ 17 Answers ]

Is it normal for two people in a relationship who live together to not always sleep in the same bed? My boyfriend sleeps in the living room sometimes( we have no furniture) on the floor instead of coming to bed with me. This happens on and off , maybe 2 days out of the week on average; sometimes...

Dog sleeping in our bed? [ 6 Answers ]

My wife and I let our dog sleep with us last week for 3 ngiths in a row. I don't know why we did but we did. We decided that this is probably not a good idea for many reasons (Hygene, Top Dog Status). So we decided to say No last night and he slept on the floor in our room like he usually does. At...

Baby's sleeping in bed with you [ 9 Answers ]

Child service came to my house due to some one call to say they hear a little girl saying "please dont hit me" my daughter is 2 and she don't speak full sentences yet.. so the guy when on to say they also said they here crying around 3 am I have a 5 mo old baby. So I told the man he crys when he...

Restless sleeping/breaking the habit of sleeping on the bed [ 2 Answers ]

Our little shih tzu (8 months old) started well, but more recently has taken to sleeping under or on our bed. We took the path of least resistance and let him get away with it, but his constant licking, nibbling, flicking his ears around and general sleep noise is driving us nuts. Any tips for...

View more questions Search