Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GEORGE1135 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2006, 05:18 PM
    Disability app to SSA - do I need a lawyer?
    Hello - I'm 56, female, single and unable to work due to a multitude of problems. I've applied for disability once and was turned down because although I have some disability, I can still work for a living, per SSA. I'm going to reapply for benefits because I've only gotten worse and can't work, but I don't know if I should hire a lawyer at this point. I need benefits to start very soon as I am just about out of money for living expenses and doctor bills. Do you think a lawyer would help me be accepted? Does a lawyer make a difference? Thanks for listening and I'd really appreciate an answer - I'm desperate!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2006, 05:31 PM
    Hello GEORGE:

A lawyer helps anytime you're dealing with a bureaucracy - especially since you've been turned down once.

excon
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Nov 22, 2006, 05:35 PM
    Yeah... you will need a lawyer...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What ? 2 ask a lawyer for custody? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I need some help!! My son is 10 yrs old and my ex and I have joint custody and our son lives with him. I have recently found out that my ex signed our son over to his sister and now she has a "guardinship papers" our my son. I went to get him and she would not give him up. I later found...

Email prog/app. Question? [ 4 Answers ]

Here is a question, I saw a posting question inquiring about a chat line program seen in the movie EUROtrip. I have some what of the same question... In the movie the main character has an Email Programthat says " Mail Fu**head!" I really though it might be interesting to have the program. I...

Taxes on SSA Disability Income [ 2 Answers ]

Being 100% disabled for Social Security purposes, with no additional income, am I required to file annually with IRS? Wife did have income from 2002. Should we file jointly, listing my SSA Disability Income, or should she file Married, filing separately? Thank you.

Disorderly conduct for employment app [ 3 Answers ]

Help! I'm applying for a new job(a county job)in my area the app is going to ask have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor? I have a disorderly conduct charge from about 10 years ago at least of course I would have to mention this(I'm in pennsylvania)will this affect my chances of...

Need a recommendation for a good Print Screen App [ 13 Answers ]

It must include auto scroll for web pages. I've used Print Screen Deluxe for years, but there's a bug in their most recent version and auto scroll is not working... and their support is horrid. Thanks!

View more questions Search