Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sadiegirl2 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2010, 03:15 PM
    Opinion or advise Needed.
    My son ended a 5 year relationship with a woman. They have a 3 month old baby. She had a child from a previous relationship.

I baby sat the baby for 2 months,and her son now 6 yrs. Ols even after the break-up, because she was stressed and needed some help. They both work. The baby was born in my son's name. He helped her with her son from the time they met until the night they broke up.

One particular Friday, my son had the baby, she asked if my son could watch her son, because she has to work, all agreed. Sunday after church, I went to the grocery store, I say her with a man in her pj's. I came home and told my son. He called her and told her to come and get her 6yr. Old. He asked her how stressed could she be, if she was out with a man. She refused. They argued.

12 midnight the police came to my house with her to get both children. My son was crazed with anger. My grandson was sick and still is. The police didn't want to hear anything.

My son has since filed for joint legal custody and has his court date. The baby is out of my care, and (we believe) her grandmother 80 yrs. Old is caring for the baby. She refuses to tell my son, where the baby is at any given time and who exactly is caring for the baby. She has refused to allow her 6 yr. old to speak to my son if they see each otherecourse until, the court date? It is a shame there isn't more support for fathers who love their children and want to be with them.
    Broken-hearted in CT.r. My son has to beg to see the baby, for fear if he makes her mad she will not allow him to see the baby at all. She has not been served yet, with the custody papers.

Is there any recourse until the court date. It is ashame there is no support for fathers who love and want to be with their children.
    Broken-hearted in CT.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 5, 2010, 03:46 PM

All he can do is wait and don't blow it. If he is calling her all the time etc then he is going to look bad in court. He needs to maybe back off a little and let the court papers speak for him. Be very careful at these stages about saying anything to the opposing side.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 5, 2010, 04:15 PM

Your son should have gone to court over custody and visitation issues when the child was first born. Until the court establishes custody, she is within her rights to keep the baby from him. So he needs to chill and let the court system work.

Feb 5, 2010, 07:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Your son should have gone to court over custody and visitation issues when the child was first born. Until the court establishes custody, she is within her rights to keep the baby from him. So he needs to chill and let the court system work.
    The baby happens to be 3 months old. She decided to stay out until 5 am whrn the baby was 1 1/2 months old.

Feb 5, 2010, 07:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Thanks a lot, that is the same info we are getting from a lot of people.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 5, 2010, 08:27 PM

And it is the right info,

1. he should have let her go out with anyone she wanted to. When he called and made a "fool out of hisself) by acting like she was still in his life , she proved who was in control by yanking the kids.

So the day after the child was born was when he needed to have filed, but for some reason he did not. And now he is paying the price for his lack of action.

So
    1. get an attorney and file for joint custody and/or proper visits

2. stop interfering with her personal life and who she is dating, it is not any of his or your businesss
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2010, 08:40 AM

I am concerned that the father was "crazed with anger." That very possibly is going to affect custody in this matter.

How "crazed" was he? Is he perceived as a danger to the mother or the child (or children)?

Unfortunately for you this is HIS fight and you have no part in it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Opinion on current situation is needed. [ 104 Answers ]

I have been dating this girl who is 16 years old, while I am 18 years old. I am currently in college while she is in grade 11 high school. We have been dating for more then a year now and I am just wondering about a few things. I have had some trouble with her flirting with other guys in the...

Your opinion needed [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone! I have three children two girls ages, 12, 7 and a 20 month old son with my husband. My girls father does not want to be apart of their lives. I found out that up until now he still does not own up to being their father with proven paternity. I don't collect child support because...

Advise needed to write good CV [ 1 Answers ]

What should I write in "Objective" part of a CV for the post of Account Assistant

Do we advise wrong sometimes? What's your opinion? [ 2 Answers ]

After having read many, many, many posts, I go to thinking a little bit about the advice that we all give to others. We only know of their situation, what THEY write. We don't know the characterstics, mannerisms or personalities of the ex-girlfriend/ex-boyfriend, who just left them or screwed...

View more questions Search