Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meskin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2010, 01:23 PM
    Change child's last name

How do I change my son last mame he has his mother last name my name in not in the birth certificate after he born she got married with an other boy so he has that man last name I did a dna test can that help me
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 5, 2010, 01:32 PM

First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

You need to go to Family Court and file that you be named the legal father. Petition to have the birth certificate amended.

How old is the child? Did the mother marry the other man before the child was born? Where are you located (state, country)?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Change child's name [ 1 Answers ]

If I have full custody of my child and his biodad does not ever have contact with him and my husband my child's stepdad wants to get his name changed to ours.. what do I need to do?

Child's Surname Change. [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter would like to change my grandson's surname to be the same as her her surname instead of the father's surname (they were never married). The father's surname is not on the birth certificate, so how can this be done without involving him?

Change my child's last name [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 6 year old daughter who has her biological father's last name, although he did not sign the birth certificate no acknowledge paternity in the courts. He does not nor has he ever paid any child support. He has no contact what so ever with her. The only father she knows is my new husband...

Child's name change [ 1 Answers ]

How can I change my toddlers last name to mine in Indiana? Her father and I were never married. He does see her and pay child support pretty regularly. I am the custodial parent.

How to Change child's last name [ 2 Answers ]

My son was born 5 years ago. His father wasn't there to sign the birth certificate. How can I change my son's last name to my married name and have my ex to sign over his rights? He doesn't see our son and our son has said on a number of times he doesn't want to see his biological father anymore....

View more questions Search