Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pregunta Posts: 169, Reputation: 3

Feb 5, 2010, 09:29 AM
    Windows Password Protect Work Around?
    Last weekend I had a family visit my country place. Amongst them was a smart alec fourteen year old girl who is pretty sharp with computers. Before their visit I password protected my computer which uses Windows Vista. I went to bed and left my computer room open. The next day I turned on my computer and entered my password. When everything was loaded on the screen I found I had no internet connection. I then spent a lot of time on the phone with my server technician and discovered that the internet connection settings had been disconfigured. I asked him if it was possible that the smart alec (who canīt stand not having access to her Hi5 page for five minutes) had tried to work around the password protection after I went to bed and in doing so changed the internet settings. He said it was possible but that Windows Vista itīs self is capable of making unwanted changes. So my question is what do you think? Could she have caused the problem by tinkering and trying to bypass the password protection? If so how? Or was it just an amazing coincidence?
    dynocompe Posts: 331, Reputation: 56

Feb 12, 2010, 12:41 PM

She would have to gain access to command prompt or windows to be able to do this, and if she never got around your password, I don't think it was her.If your password is something easy, maybe she got in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I password-protect my files? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. There are some files on my computer that I... would rather not have my mother see if she happens to be snooping around (which I happen to know that she does). Is there a way that I would be able to protect these files with a password? Ive been looking around for a method of this, but they...

Un-password protect? [ 3 Answers ]

I password protected a Microsoft excel document a few years ago, and now that I need the information I can't remember the password! Is there any way to un-password protect the document without the password? Thanks

Password protect [ 1 Answers ]

What are the steps to set a password

Password protect [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a feature in windows me that allows me to password protect only one folder such as "my documents" or is there a freeware or shareware program available??

View more questions Search