Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2010, 05:45 AM
    False negative pregnancy test?
    Hi my period is 2 days late.. I took a early firstresponse pregnancy test 2 days before my period is due and it came out negative.. Now I have a lot of white discharge coming out.. I had spotting on 18/Jan so I think that's when I ovulate.. Can I white thick discharge mean am pregnant? I will test again tomorrow morning.. But just like to see if anyone has been in that situation? Thank you
    Justy1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2011, 05:49 AM
    Yes you could definitely be pregnant. The pregnancy test is testing for the hcg level in your urine, and you may be pregnant but your hcg levels are still too low to be detected, even by a first response test. My advise would be to take another test tomorrow, using your first morning urine, which will have the highest concentrate of hcg compared with a sample obtained during the day. If it still comes out negative, and your period still doesn't come by Monday, and if this is unusual for you, go see your doctor and get a blood test. Good luck!

Ps the discharge could be a symptom of pregnancy, it definitely was for both of mine, but it may also be a normal part of your cycle. You would know better than anyone if you normally have this before your period starts.
    Also, the spotting you had would be more likely to be associated with implantation than ovulation. It is very rare for women to bleed when they ovulate. However, if that was on the 18th, I would definitely expect your hcg level to be high enough by now. Let us know either way!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oxycodone False Negative Urine Test [ 15 Answers ]

I am having trouble with my pain management doctor stating that I am not properly using medicine which he has prescribed. He performed a urine test and it was negative in both the office and in the lab. I am certain that this is incorrect and cannot explain what is happening. Can you offer an...

Has anyone got a false negative with a clearblue digital test? [ 2 Answers ]

I ve taken other tests like early result the cvs brand got 2 lines one very very faint so I am so confused I haven't gotten my period in three weeks and I am regular. I have most of the symptoms of pregnancy. This would be my first pregnancy if I am so I have no idea what to think please some one...

Is it possible to get a false negative pregnancy test [ 2 Answers ]

My period is over a week late I have had light brown spotting etc and feel just like I did with my first child,so I really thought I was pregnant but I took a test and it was negative,I am really confused because I feel pregnant.Is it possible to get a negative test and still be pregnant?

False negative pregnancy test results [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find out if it is possible for someone to miss two periods and when taking an over the counter pregnancy test the results were negative. My concern is the medications that are currently taking : are zoloft, risperdone, akathisia. Is it possible to be pregnant?

Would an ectopic pregnancy cause a false negative? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I don't really know much about Ectopic Pregnancies... However I was treated for Chlamydia about 3 years ago(very long story). Anyhow, I haven't had my period since the 9th of November and have had unprotected sex with my hubby all month. He isn't aware that I have ever been treated for...

View more questions Search