Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jdm787eg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2010, 03:46 PM
    Only runs up to 2,000rpm
    I have a 95 civic d16z6 vtech the car turns on perfect no misfires nothing... but when I try to run or rev it up it won't go pass 2,000 rpm it will reach 2200rpm misfiring and throwing fire from the exhaust
    biff26 Posts: 28, Reputation: 4

Feb 11, 2010, 10:03 PM

Could have an exhaust restriction. You can either check with an exhaust back pressure gauge or disconnect exhaust pipe from exhaust manifold and see if there is an improvement.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2010, 06:44 AM

Perform compression and leak down tests. The problem could easily be distributor related--replace the igniter, coil, and housing, (Honda only) if necessary.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My creatinine level has gone up to 4.9 and urea up to 214 after bypass surgery? [ 1 Answers ]

My creatinine level has gone up to 4.9 and urea up to 214 after bypass surgery?doctors advise dialysis. Is it safe?would I have to repeat it again or is it a one time process?kindly advise

I can't acces my Yahoo account . I go up to the inbox after that is not working [ 1 Answers ]

I can't acces my Yahoo account . I go up to the inbox after that is not working

Man runs after cheating at poker, runs into Pioneering girl and boy [ 3 Answers ]

Looks like something people who made little house on the prairie. It begins with a man who looks like the dad of little house on the prairie (tall, black wavy hair, nice fatherly jaw) at the very beginning, he's running from three thugs who are after him, he hides some cards under a rock in his...

Weight loss up to 12 kg [ 2 Answers ]

Respected sir my height is 5.4 and my weight is 72 kg. I want to reduce my weight up to 12kgs. But I don't have a time for exercise. This is very important for my conciving related that I reduce weight. Please help me.

Is my boss up to things? [ 3 Answers ]

I was discussing a Valentine's present for this other girls with my boss who I thinks but not certain likes me.We also flirt a lot but I never take it serious. She went onto the INTERNET and chooses the one she liked so I decided to buy it treating her like a friend,She then asked me what message I...

View more questions Search