Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vjagee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2010, 02:24 PM
    Hoa and property liens
    I live in Las Vegas and have just been notified of a $1050.00 lien against my condo from the HOA due to unpaid fines for letting my cat out without a leash. What are my options?
    Sincerely,
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 4, 2010, 02:37 PM

Were you aware of any fines before the lien was taken out on the property? Did you attempt to address them? What does your covenents, codes, restrictions say about pets or cats?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 4, 2010, 02:40 PM

If the fines are valid according to the HOA by-laws, then pay the fines. If they are not, take them to court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

California forms for liens for hoa [ 3 Answers ]

What form does the hoa for California use to file a lien on the property for past dues

HOA liens [ 1 Answers ]

How do you file a real estate property lien in North Carolina for past HOA dues? Is there a form to complete?

Lien on property by HOA [ 6 Answers ]

Hi All, Thank you for reading. I have been in the process of buying this property in Oakland, CA for the past several months. It is a short sale. Received approval from both banks and all is go except for this lien that was put on the property because the former owner did not pay the HOA for 2...

Mechanics liens and liens against property [ 3 Answers ]

I lent my son in law $10,000 to put down payment on a home about a year and a half ago My question is how do I put a lien on the house and which state do I do it in . I'm in Calif. And the house is isn't Arizona. And do I just record it with the county or court or what?

View more questions Search