Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    All2HimIO Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2010, 01:22 PM
    Can I take smaller IRA CDs before the larger one?
    Thanks to ebaine for previous help. I have 2 small IRA CDs, can I distribute them before I would take anything from the 457 or do I have to take from all at the same time. I know I have to count the entire sum to get the distribution amount. Any help would be appreciated.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 4, 2010, 03:49 PM

First, some forum etiquite: it's best to ask a follow-up question on your original thread rather than starting a new one. That way others can follow the conversation, as it were. You do that by using the "Answer this question" box. For reference, the original question is here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/retire...nt-442895.html

But to answer your new question - you have to take the minimum amount from each account. So unfortunately you can't take a bit more from the IRA and a bit less from the 457 account.

Feb 4, 2010, 04:40 PM

Thanks, I need to know how to use this thing. I have been doing some research and find on bankrate.com that I can figure the RMD for each, can add the separate amounts and take the total from just one. Problem now is I can't find an answer as to how I am to make known that this is what I am doing so I won't get a penalty.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 4, 2010, 08:03 PM

Can you please send the web page from bankrate.com? Thanks.

Feb 4, 2010, 08:54 PM
    I'm not totally illiterate but w/o a share address or an email address, I can't figure out how to send this page to you. He is the address, copy it in and it will work.
    http://www.bankrate.com/brm/itax/tips/20030325a2.asp?caret=1d The article is called Deadline looms for mandatory IRA withdrawals and the statement I refer to is under 'other withdrawal rules'.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kinematics physics 11 car driving off smaller building to larger(quadratic formula?) [ 3 Answers ]

I have a problem where a car attempts to drive off a smaller building onto a larger building. I know the car's speed (km/h) when it leaves the top of the first building and at what angle (degrees) above the horizontal. I need to know how far apart the two building are situated (metres.) How would I...

Cashing out part of IRA or ROTH IRA due to Hardship [ 1 Answers ]

Can you tell me what are the reasons that you can claim hardship on an IRA or ROTH IRA? I have been unemployed for over a year and need to cashing some of my IRA to just pay bills and live. Are there penalties and taxes that need to be paid on this money? Thanks,

Water pressure larger to smaller [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced a baseboard heating boiler (oil/gas) the new zones at the expansion tank etc, were changed to 3/4 inch. They go into my house baseboard which is 1/2 inch. The second floor is a problem with water noise and popping. The pressure level was set at old level. Can I reduce the pressure below...

Needed ira early tax penalty must be paid from ira too [ 2 Answers ]

:( Unfortunately My Retirement Was Placed In An Ira. Thought I Would Work Longer. Unemployed Only Money Is My Ira I Have Been Using It Now For Three Years To Live On And I'm Currently 58. Each Year I Owe Taxes On The Previous Year And Penalties, But My Only Money Is The Ira So I Must Take...

View more questions Search