Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rbissessur Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2010, 12:07 PM
    How do we cable in a lift Data & Power ?
    Hi

I have to put a CCTV camera in a lift and asking myself about the type of cable and how to cable same from the lift to both ends.

Any idea and help please
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2010, 12:41 PM

Does it have an Umbilical cord/ Any Cab power? What type data, Networking?
    Rover88 Posts: 68, Reputation: 14

Feb 4, 2010, 03:40 PM

Not sure where you're located, but many jurisdictions prohibit all but certified contractors from doing any wiring within an elevator. Check with the responsible certifying authority (in Pennsylvania, for example, it's usually the Department of Labor and Industry) to see if you're even allowed to work on this.
    Bill
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Feb 5, 2010, 06:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rover88 View Post
    Not sure where you're located, but many jurisdictions prohibit all but certified contractors from doing any wiring within an elevator. Check with the responsible certifying authority (in Pennsylvania, for example, it's usually the Department of Labor and Industry) to see if you're even allowed to work on this.
    Bill
    Completely agree.

I have to question the qualifications, experience and legality of anyone who has to come to a DIY message boards to ask about wiring for an elevator.

Then again, I have to assume this is for the UK so I have NO idea what the rules there are. Maybe lift wiring is side work for some people. :confused:
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2010, 07:13 AM

Is this for people? Can you elaborate?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing a Lift Knob & Diverter Gate [ 7 Answers ]

Help! I am usually pretty handy but I can not figure out how to intall this tub spout kit!!

Use of voice and data on single pair cable [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know about the modem which can be used to transmit/receive both data and voice simultaneously on a single pair of cable. For data transmission and reception, micro controller or microprocessor card will be used with RS 232 port and for voice normal telephone with DTMF dialing will...

Energy, power latent heat - data analysis - power storage systems [ 33 Answers ]

1. One possible design for a storage power station is to use off-peak energy to compress air into a sealed underground canve and then, during periods of high demand, to reverse the system so that the air can drive a generator. one system of this type compresses air from the atmospheric pressure...

View more questions Search