Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donna1234 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2006, 09:52 AM
    Crimial law
    If you do time for shop lifing and the store got there stuff that was going to be stolen can the store sue you to
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 22, 2006, 10:12 AM
    Shoplifting is a criminal act. They can't sue you, only prosecute you. They can sue for the value of the stolen items, but if they were recovered or reimbursed there is nothing to sue over.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 22, 2006, 11:35 AM
    If the store was out any costs, or if the items taken were not able to be resold as new by law or because of damage, they could sue you in addition to the criminal charges.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Law [ 3 Answers ]

If you have an order of protection against you can it stop you receiving: a passport

Law [ 1 Answers ]

John, Peter and Mark are owners of 10 acres of land in Mandeville. They own the land as joint tenants. Mark lives overseas and John and Peter want to get a mortgage to build some town houses for sale on the land. Tony who has been occupying a part of the land under a 10 year fixed tenancy will be...

In - law [ 6 Answers ]

I am having real issues with my daughter-in-law. She will do things, when my son is not around, and when I react she runs to him and tells him "I don't know why she go so excited". I have tried not to react but I can only go so long. Recently when I did she admitted to me, without my son...

Oh law [ 6 Answers ]

All, I have tried researching this for OH and have searched the forums as well, so as not to waste your time, but I cannot find an answer. My wife is named in a lawsuit for an old debt which we know is valid. She does not want to pay it because when she had a previous payment arrangement that...

The law [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Ontario Canada. My question is how much force can a collection agency use. I have a large phone bill I can't pay.What are my rights-what can they do to me??

View more questions Search