Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Effat123 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2010, 09:09 PM
    stopped birth control, Negative pregnancy test,55 days and no period
    Ok here's my story.. I was on because (micronor) for 3 - 4 months.. due to headaches and irregular periods.. I stopped taking them.. My last period was on Dec 15 and I stopped taking because on dec 18. My last period was very light and it went on only for 3 dayz... since den there is no period.. I did a home pregnancy test on Jan 22 (38 days) which was after my period was due and it came out negative and now I feel a bit nauseous.. so I am really not sure what is happening.. I don't wish to be pregnant at this time because I do have a 8 month girl... but I am really scared about the fact that it z been 55 dayz and there is no period... Can I be pregnant after 3 days bleeding and can I be pregnant after having a negative home pregnancy test?? Please help :)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 3, 2010, 09:46 PM

There's always a chance that the pregnancy test gave a false negative, but whether it did, no one here can tell you.

You said you just stopped your birth control. Sometimes it can take a while for your periods to get back on track after going off birth control. This may be what's happening.

If you're really concerned then a trip to the doctor is your best bet, it will put your mind at ease to know exactly what's going on and only a doctor can tell you.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No period negative pregnant test [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am 4 days late on my period coming and I have had negative pregnancy tests since 1st day of missing period. I would like to know if anyone has the same happening to them as I am very confused. I have period like cramping which I only normaly get before I'm coming on not during and back pain. ...

Missed Period/Negative pregnant. Test? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm four days late and I'm on the day every month, never late. I've taking three urine test two using first morning urine. All Negative. My chest and nipples are very sore plus today I spotted the first time in my life. Just a little smear when I wiped after the bathroom. What's going on? Could I...

Missed Period/ Negative pregnant. Test [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm joelle and I'm 21 yrs old. I went off the mircette birth control pill in October and for two months I had periods that came about 6 weeks apart... before going off the pill and before I started the pill they were like clockwork every 28 days. But I did get those two periods of normal length...

Late Period Negative pregnant test! [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Everyone! I am curious if I could be pregnant or not. My last period ended Sept 28, it is now November 6th and I have still had no period, or any signs of it. I took a HPT on Saturday, and it came out negative. I have been experiencing lower back pain, headaches, and can eat none stop without...

Missed period/negative pregnant test [ 8 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I am 25 years old and have an 18 month old daughter. The last date of my last period was January 24-26th. It is March 7th and I still have not started. I took a test on Saturday, which was 4 days ago. It came out negative. I haven't noticed any changes in myself other...

View more questions Search